E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 5E24 - Pressure sensor implausible

08-18-2019, 08:18 AM   #1
Knuppel
Private
Rep
Drives: E91

5E24 - Pressure sensor implausible

My ABS pump had error 5E20 so I replaced it with a revised one from ECU testing. They said mine was beyond repair. After swapping it I still see an error. No more 5E20, now it’s “5E24 - pressure sensor implausible”.

Did the Tool32 ‘dsc abgleichen’ and fg-... stuff. Brake bleeding procedure twice (with INPA DSC pump functions). After that i had -1 bar dsc pressure with brake released, 80 bar when fully depressed. This weekend i did the brake bleeding again, but had my brother press the pedal so i could see if there were was any air coming out. Not much, only at the beginning of the procedure. After the procedure dsc pressure was 0 to 1 (sometimes -0), and 130 bar fully depressed. Still the 5E24 error though and dsc/dtc still not working.

What do you think, is this dsc unit faulty also? Or is there still air trapped in the brake system? Can anyone send me their brake pressure values in INPA? And is it normal for brake pressure to fluctuate a bit (within 1 bar) with pedal released? I’m in doubt as to what is normal.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 07:58 AM   #2
Knuppel
Private
Rep
Drives: E91

Thumbs up

For future reference:
Ecu Testing sent me another replacement hydro block. This one worked straight away, no more 5E24. If you see only this error, bleed your brakes. Then check de DSC Pressure sensor value. With your foot off the brake it should at least be stable. Mine was somewhere between -0.5 and 1, but was changing constantly. Hence the ‘implausible’ error.

Also, I think (not sure bled it so many times ) the previous block had much more pressure on the pedal while i was bleeding the system. This one had none, which i think is normal when the bleeding valve is open.

Glad it’s sorted now. Misses happy.

Last edited by Knuppel; 09-21-2019 at 04:30 AM..
Appreciate 0