E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Crank no start no comunication with dme

08-17-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
Parkede93
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i sedan

First post and really frustrated one
Bought a 2007 335i sedan 6speed with blown engine swapped used good engine and it doesn't start I know previous owner had a jb4 installed on this thing before so I don't really know how much did he mess with the dme I have a snap on modis hooked on this thing and have 14 codes of what the one that caught my attention the most is 2acc dme rellay one, since I've been reading online most likely my dme is fried, I tested the the dme blue relay off the car and also ground it while on the car and when it actuates the water pump starts running non stop but is the only thing that runs, so what ever grounds the relay its not doing it IDK if thats because the dme might be toasted. I tried making actuator tests with modis and it will not perform any, also checked every relay and every fuse and its all good as well all grounds are there too. I also have whole front end off since I just installed engine Idk if that makes a difference Please help Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #2
nissubaru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i MSport + 1990 300ZX TT

All your grounds are hooked up? What about the terminals coming off the DME that mount by the shock tower?

It should look like this, I accidentally hooked this up wrong at first and had no DME communication until I realized what was wrong.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #3
Parkede93
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissubaru View Post
All your grounds are hooked up? What about the terminals coming off the DME that mount by the shock tower?

It should look like this, I accidentally hooked this up wrong at first and had no DME communication until I realized what was wrong.
Yeah those nevere came off thanks for the feedback though
Appreciate 0