E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > window error help!!

07-30-2023, 12:09 AM   #1
mj777
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Garage List
2007 bmw 328i  [0.00]
window error help!!

I have 2007 e90, about two years ago passenger rear window regulator took a crap had the crunching noise and then was stuck down, replaced regulator and motor and had the issue where it would go down by itself or not close all the way unless I did the manual close and I tried to just leave it. Just today I accidentally pressed it and it got stuck halfway and won’t budge, motor doesn’t make any noise nothing, I was in a pinch and took panel off and took the window off the track to close it up atleast and I just ordered new regulator and motor to replace it again… not sure if I broke it or what but I’m getting the annoying window error message and after looking into it figured out that resetting can fix that problem I had before with the auto feature but still no power can’t even try that. Any help or ideas if maybe I just need to reset something or if this newer one took a crap since I never did the reset thing and over did it and need to just replace it again
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 01:41 PM   #2
mj777
Rep

Garage List
2007 bmw 328i  [0.00]
Just put in new regulator and motor and still doesn’t work, getting window error message and neither switches work I tried driver one and the rear one itself and I checked the fuses all are good
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 12:07 PM   #3
mj777
Rep

Garage List
2007 bmw 328i  [0.00]
Update disconnected battery and got it to work reset window and still getting the window error every 15 seconds and then goes away right after it pops up… it’s so annoying tried putting old regulator and motor in and it barely was working and having issues, new ones work perfectly just getting the annoying error any help plzzz going to try clearing it with diagnostic tool when I get the chance otherwise going to start pulling fuses
Appreciate 0