E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Is it hard to convert my powered passenger seat to have Memory?

03-03-2017, 04:56 AM   #1
GammaX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 335i LCI

Is it hard to convert my powered passenger seat to have Memory?

Hi i have powered seats and the drivers side has Memory. Is it possible to make the passenger seat memory as well? do i just buy the switch with the memory buttons? or is it much more than this?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 06:48 AM   #2
bishbosh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
You would need to buy the seat module that the drivers seat has. And also wire it into the Canbus, and code it.

I don't know if the footwell module supports both seats having memory.
      03-03-2017, 07:56 AM   #3
GammaX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 335i LCI

Sounds like its a non starter!! Thanks for letting me know. The reason i asked was i retro fitted some M3 seats off ebay into my E91. Everything is working but i need a new switch for my passenger seat. I though about getting a switch with memory switches. Was not sure if the module under drivers seat would manage both seats. I won't bother with that now, ill just get a standard passenger side switch.
Thank's alot
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 12:55 AM   #4
n54xdrive
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi e92

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishbosh View Post
You would need to buy the seat module that the drivers seat has. And also wire it into the Canbus, and code it.

I don't know if the footwell module supports both seats having memory.

I'm considering this as I installed e90 sport seats into my e92 and moving the passenger seat back and forth all the time is kind of a pita but they were free so they're worth the trouble. If I could retrofit the memory seat control it would make getting passengers in and out a lot easier since I could have a way back and way forward setting and just tell them to hit a number instead of trying to instruct them where to find and how to use the seat controls. Would I just need a left hand drive driver's seat control module and a right hand drive driver's seat control switch to make this work?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 03:34 AM   #5
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

I have a passenger side memory switch module as i was looking at this.

I also retrofitted heated memory m3 seats and did look at it at the time, it was plug and play with my electric memory seats, just has to add the heating coding and the stitch panel.

Im not totally convinced that you need a drivers seat module, I'm pretty sure i saw an option in coding to tell he passenger seat module it had memory.

If that is the case then it should be just the coding and the switch, not sure you would need the can bus as the memory setting are held in the module, the can bus would be just to adjust the seat on the key settings, and i doubt you would ever need that.

Might have an other look at this.

Appreciate 0