E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Water in passenger footwell

10-15-2020, 04:11 AM   #23
limitedslipp
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and E91 320d

I Had this. The rubber gaskets for the door clips wear out. Put some tacky grease where the clips go in to the metal.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 05:22 AM   #24
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 Saloon 2011

I've ordered new clip from bmw with the new washers etc on them. I'll be putting them on over the weekend. Do you mean just dabbing some grease over the holes in the door where the clips go?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 11:58 AM   #25
limitedslipp
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and E91 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarisbradistan View Post
I've ordered new clip from bmw with the new washers etc on them. I'll be putting them on over the weekend. Do you mean just dabbing some grease over the holes in the door where the clips go?
Yes
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 01:11 PM   #26
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I actually find this entire process pretty tedious and have found that BMW's in general aren't immune to it.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 07:50 AM   #27
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by limitedslipp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarisbradistan View Post
Yes
Is it silicone grease you are referring to?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 10:49 AM   #28
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Marine grease would be ideal; stuff that resists being washed away.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 07:53 AM   #29
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Marine grease would be ideal; stuff that resists being washed away.
Managed to get some and put it on the holes coupled with the new clips and washers.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 12:19 PM   #30
Sweden
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i -10

Had this problem too with wet passenger floor, for me it was the moisture cover that was resembled faulty after repair of a broken window. I could use the old sealing when correcting it.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 10:00 AM   #31
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Had this problem too with wet passenger floor, for me it was the moisture cover that was resembled faulty after repair of a broken window. I could use the old sealing when correcting it.
Yeah, they seem to be so notorious for failure.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 08:22 AM   #32
niksa2911
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 2011

Garage List
2011 bmw e92  [0.00]
Hey there, I see that the post is quite long time ago posted, but I hope for some help, I'm new at this.
I own a bmw e92 lci version (2011.), I bought it two years ago, and few months ago, i saw water started to leak at the passanger footwell. That water caused me a huge electrical problem as well cause it was leaking over the fusebox and junction box as well. After visiting three mechanics, nobody can't find where from the water is leaking. I've spent a huge amount of money still for nothing, every different mechanic had other opinion, nobody solve the problem.
Now I decided to take things by myself, I know quite a lot about cars and parts and everything, following these instructions and solutions on this post, unfortunately I still didn't managed a problem.
So firts of all, I thouht that the drains of the sunroof were blocked, i cleaned them, no changes, I ve tried with that thin rub under the hood, it' s been regulary setted, i've even aded some silicon underneeth it, so that option didn't helped me as well.
Cause I saw the water is leaking just above the fuse box, i'm going to take the dashboard out, and see where directley water is leaking from.
Previous owner had replaced the windsheild as well, what's your thoughts, can the windsheild be the problem, I am frustrated already, I live without my car for two months already, does anybody have any ideas what could cause this mess before I start with removing the dashboard, should I check something else maybe?
Realy every tip would help me a lot.
Thank you for your time!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 09:04 AM   #33
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Have you removed the plastic trim at the base of the windscreen, which the windscreen wipers go through?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 09:50 AM   #34
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by niksa2911 View Post
Hey there, I see that the post is quite long time ago posted, but I hope for some help, I'm new at this.
I own a bmw e92 lci version (2011.), I bought it two years ago, and few months ago, i saw water started to leak at the passanger footwell. That water caused me a huge electrical problem as well cause it was leaking over the fusebox and junction box as well. After visiting three mechanics, nobody can't find where from the water is leaking. I've spent a huge amount of money still for nothing, every different mechanic had other opinion, nobody solve the problem.
Now I decided to take things by myself, I know quite a lot about cars and parts and everything, following these instructions and solutions on this post, unfortunately I still didn't managed a problem.
So firts of all, I thouht that the drains of the sunroof were blocked, i cleaned them, no changes, I ve tried with that thin rub under the hood, it' s been regulary setted, i've even aded some silicon underneeth it, so that option didn't helped me as well.
Cause I saw the water is leaking just above the fuse box, i'm going to take the dashboard out, and see where directley water is leaking from.
Previous owner had replaced the windsheild as well, what's your thoughts, can the windsheild be the problem, I am frustrated already, I live without my car for two months already, does anybody have any ideas what could cause this mess before I start with removing the dashboard, should I check something else maybe?
Realy every tip would help me a lot.
Thank you for your time!
If you have tried everything including the thin strip that sits at the base of the windscreen under the cover that sits beneath the windscreen wipers (as mine was) then my best guess is that when the windscreen was changed the fitter did not bond the windscreen in properly and water is getting in past the windscreen itself. It's the only other place it can leak.

I would have a look at this before you go about removing the dash.
Appreciate 0