E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 330i vs 335i

01-23-2019, 06:44 AM   #67
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggss View Post
I do a lot of DIY and out of all the common problems, turbos would be the most challenging for me and since it is the most expensive I would rather get one with them already done like yours. I'm fairly confident with everything else. Just depends on availability I guess.
That was my main requirement too. you need a car lift and probably two people for 6-7 hour job i believe to do the turbos, not a tricky job just lots to strip off to access the turbos and get them off the car. i think replacement turbos are about 800 each. The is also a bit of a software fix in MHD to help minimise the wastegate rattle, not an ideal solution but if its only rattly wastegates on them its not the biggest issue. I was thinking of attempting the downpipe install myself, but i think it might be less stress to pay some one 4 hours labour to fit them for me!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 09:04 AM   #68
Giggss
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330i N52

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Yeah exactly and eventually I will go single turbo top mount but I don't want to do that just yet hence im hesitant to get one, without the turbos done.
Appreciate 0