E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Transmission Faulty, Drive moderately

01-27-2023, 03:37 AM   #1
redhatcode29
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Transmission Faulty, Drive moderately

Hi, it is the infamous fault code. Read forums, mostly point to the crankcase sensor or that the mechatronic seal has worn out. I was hoping for such.

The mechanic i took my car scanned the fault code, he is telling that the gearbox needs replacement. He says if it was the crankcase sensor, the CEL would light up because its an engine fault code. My CEL does not light up, hence, he says its the gearbox and that it needs replacement.

The picture below is the fault code his scanner picked up (or he is just randomly picking one !)
Have any of you had this fault code in the picture, does it end in a gearbox replacement ? Does this code even refer to a faulty transmission ?

Anyways, he cleared the code, the car was fine for about 8km, then the transmission code appeared again. If i restart the car, the fault code goes away, should be back soon !

Any ideas if the tranny is the problem ? Or could it be the Mechatronic seal, being a part of the gearbox, it certainly would not appear as a fault code and light up the CEL.
Attached Images

Last edited by redhatcode29; 01-27-2023 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 11:14 AM   #2
marvinstockman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

How does the trans operate? Can you shift it manually? I
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 11:26 AM   #3
redhatcode29
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinstockman View Post
How does the trans operate? Can you shift it manually? I
I have not tried shifting manually.

It still operates in auto mode, but once the warning appears, the beginning of acceleration is kind of limping, feels like the car is struggling to move, but once it moves, then the car drives, i just keep it at 50kmh. As a result, i am not driving it for the moment !!
Appreciate 0