E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > NOX Emulator - anyone used one?

04-04-2022, 03:08 PM   #111
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Oh my, this dude has issues.. my mail box is blowing up.. to correct the record. I did purchase the noxem in 2018 but installed it in the beginning of 2019 (didn’t have time prior).
Update.
He has actually asked me to post up the email traffic so I will. I will remove personal info as I do though.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 03:29 PM   #112
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Before I open this can of worms, asking any admin if it is ok to open this up here or should I start a new thread?
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 03:40 PM   #113
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Posting this up including his disclaimer.

From me,
Dude you have issues… I have recommended people buy the noxem. That shall stop. You have no clue how to communicate with customers. I probably will post this message line in it’s entirety. To see how people feel about your communication skills.

His response
David, yes, please, post the entire conversation!
Thanks in advance!

info@bimmerprofs.com
https://bimmerprofs.com

His disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 04:17 PM   #114
0l0dom0l0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
I used Carly and did a desulfurization drive and all is good, if you just reregister a new cat it will continue to return. You must desulfurize.
Thanks, but sadly the car did desulfurization a number of times and I also manually requested them in carly with success as you can see the numbers come down.

Very strange my cats are killed as the car only has 50k miles on it - and they were gone as early as 35k.

Do you still have your old NOXEM knocking around?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 02:41 PM   #115
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0l0dom0l0 View Post
Thanks, but sadly the car did desulfurization a number of times and I also manually requested them in carly with success as you can see the numbers come down.

Very strange my cats are killed as the car only has 50k miles on it - and they were gone as early as 35k.

Do you still have your old NOXEM knocking around?
Sorry, I think I pitched it in the trash.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 04:44 AM   #116
Stoatmaster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 330i M Sport (MT)

Just to add here, I've been running one for 3 years now, owing to a aged catalyst error. (Approx 30k miles done)

Other than the problem getting the original sensor out, I've not had one issue to date.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 12:58 PM   #117
0l0dom0l0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i

Well thought I'd dig this up. It seems the bad attitude and poor service from Bimmerprofs hasn't gone away.....

I am doing a few more miles in the E92 N53 now and I'd really like to realise the benefit of the added fuel economy from running stratified charge. Currently getting 30mpg on a 65 mph cruise up the A34 for 30 miles - should be nearer to 40mpg from what I understand these engines are capable of.

I'd finally convinced myself that the way to go was NOXEM, despite all the negativity.

So to try and cover myself a little against future issues and work on building some kind of relationship, I emailed them today querying a fault code I have to see if they'd be able to help - knowing that they'd more than likely tell me a NOXEM was the solution.

Fine, I'd order one and then if there were problems down the line, hope that working through the diagnosis with them at this stage would be enough to help find a resolution.

Bare in mind this is the first and only correspondence I've ever had with them and I've gone looking to give them my money and purchase a sensor.

Dear Dom,

we are asking because officials offer a replacement of the NOx converter, which costs 6500 EUR; the OEM NOx sensor costs more than 600 EUR.
Possibly, is this a better alternative for you?

Regards,
Bimmerprofs team

----- Reply to message -----
Subject: Re: N53 Fault Code Help
Date: pirmd., 9 janv. 2023, 19:32
To: bimmerprofs.com <info@bimmerprofs.com

Hi,

I am a little confused with the response from you, my original enquiry was with a purchase of NOXEM in mind, therefore I do not see it unreasonable to ask if the diagnostic fee would be deducted from the purchase of the NOXEM sensor.

Regards,

Dom

Sent: 09 January 2023 16:50
To: Dominic

Hi Dom,

maybe you have better alternatives?

Regards,
Bimmerprofs team

info@bimmerprofs.com

Date: pirmd., 9 janv. 2023, 18:23
To: bimmerprofs.com <info@bimmerprofs.com>

Hi,

Thanks, would the diagnostic fee be subtracted from a future NOXEM order (if required)?

Regards,

Dom

Sent: 09 January 2023 15:21
To: dominic.russell

https://bimmerprofs.com/online-diagnostics-n43n53/

info@bimmerprofs.com

Date: pirmd., 9 janv. 2023, 17:20
To: bimmerprofs.com <info@bimmerprofs.com>

Hi,

Thanks for responding. Is this injector or NOX system related?

Will the NOXEM resolve the issue?

Thanks

Dom

-------- Original message --------

Date: 09/01/2023 15:03 (GMT+00:00)

Hello Dom,

yes, it's a pretty standard error/issue for us.

Regards,
Bimmerprofs team

info@bimmerprofs.com

Subject: N53 Fault Code Help
Date: pirmd., 9 janv. 2023, 16:58

To: <info@bimmerprofs.com>

Hello,

I am struggling to find any relevant information and probable causes of the attached fault code.

Is this something you have come across before?

Many thanks

Dom
Appreciate 0