E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Tracking/stabiliser arm query

11-18-2022, 04:42 AM   #1
HarryH22
Rep
Drives: BM1 X1

Tracking/stabiliser arm query

Hi all,

Looking for some advice for my X1.

I recently had some new tyres fitted at Kwikfit and whilst there I got my tracking checked. The guy that reviewed it showed me the results and that it needed doing and said he could do it today, he also nicely said we’re £140 for all 4 wheels but other places may be cheaper.
I then took it to a local garage that do the tracking for £25 for all 4. The loaded it up but then said they can’t do the tracking as the stabiliser arms need replacing. They said if they fix the tracking it will basically just go back to how it currently is until the stabiliser arms are replaced.
I spoke to another garage that we have gone to a few times and he advised the stabiliser arms have nothing to do with the tracking and it’s just something X garage say when they’re a bit too busy to do a tracking job.

What should I do? Is it correct that I don’t need to worry about the stabiliser arms? I was surprised when I was told this as Kwikfit didn’t mention this at all. Is it worth taking it to another garage to get the tracking done?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0