E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > BMW e90 - Steering angle sensor error - Germany made

12-27-2022, 01:10 PM   #1
bmwkrakow
Poland
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i e90 2008

BMW e90 - Steering angle sensor error - Germany made

i recently replaced by brake pads (front & rear) with Textar brakes with the help of a mechanic and after that change, car shows the following error after driving for some time:
DSC failure
DBC failure
Flat tyre monitor failure

when checking this error with OBD adapter it tells me something regarding steering angle sensor.

I did show this to mechanic and he told me error is related to steering angle and nothing to do with brake pads. But this error popped up after the replacement and i suspect it has something to do with the fitting or may be sensor for brake page is required to be changed. Also not sure if it has anything to do with wheel alignment.

What do you suggest to do this in case? Any experience from the past for similar problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 01:47 PM   #2
Suvorovo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Broken e90 330xi 6MT

Can you share exact codes?

Not an expert, never had an issue, but things come to mind:

1. Did you replace the brake pad wear sensor during brake pad replacement? Usually brake jobs involve replacing the sensor. Don't think these cause DSC related codes.
2. Did you damage the wheel speed sensor during brake job?
3. Steering angle sensor issue could be greeted with a couple of DSC codes. There's a reset procedure for the steering angle. You can easily find DIY for the reset. Try this, maybe your issues will be resolved for free.
4. Driving a little might also help resolve some DSC related codes. (In my case, xdrive, the computer might not be too happy with rotating the transfer case flanges with the car off). Not sure if you drove your car already.
5. Replacement brakes won't impact alignment.

Again, never had an issue. Hopefully someone with more experience can comment.

witam z new jersey

Last edited by Suvorovo; 12-27-2022 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0