E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Found a JB+ on my new car. How do i use it?

11-29-2023, 03:02 AM   #1
JimThot
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Found a JB+ on my new car. How do i use it?

Recently bought a 09 335xi from facebook and when inspecting the engine bay more, i found a jb+ on the t map sensor. i did some research about it but a lot of it is outdated and want to know whats the newest recommendations for this thing. I’ve read about solenoid bypassing and stuff but dont know how it really work or if it’s recommended.
I read the manual and saw you can adjust the boost and obviously i did lol, so i put it to about 75% of max. After that started to get misfires and read it could happen because the car isn’t able to reach the psi the jb+ is asking for?

Basically just wondering if there is any tips on how to use this thing effectively.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2023, 09:37 AM   #2
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

what version do you have ?

is it bluetooth ?

what are your goals?

Fast answer, I did not find clear and quick guide, info is all over the place, Ive learned by my own and jb4tech forums.

If your goals are to have a ''reliable' daily and simple way to play with boost, Ill go with MHD only.

especially if your jb+ is old.

is simplier, safer and dummy friendly.

Also, if your JB is 3-4 years old, you wont have support.

And I learned the hard way, got my n55 in 2015 with jb+, wanted to go sotck settings and email them in 2018, and kindly told me they dont support it, so they wont help me.

They pissed me off, for a 1 minute search, so they can send me the stock values that they have in hand .

FOR 3 YEARS old device. Happy that dealers wont kick you out because you bring a 2019 bmw M4 for repairs...
Appreciate 1
JimThot40.00
      11-29-2023, 10:11 AM   #3
JimThot
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
what version do you have ?

is it bluetooth ?

what are your goals?

Fast answer, I did not find clear and quick guide, info is all over the place, Ive learned by my own and jb4tech forums.

If your goals are to have a ''reliable' daily and simple way to play with boost, Ill go with MHD only.

especially if your jb+ is old.

is simplier, safer and dummy friendly.

Also, if your JB is 3-4 years old, you wont have support.

And I learned the hard way, got my n55 in 2015 with jb+, wanted to go sotck settings and email them in 2018, and kindly told me they dont support it, so they wont help me.

They pissed me off, for a 1 minute search, so they can send me the stock values that they have in hand .

FOR 3 YEARS old device. Happy that dealers wont kick you out because you bring a 2019 bmw M4 for repairs...
I’m not sure if it’s bluetooth i just have this here: https://burgertuning.com/products/n54-jb-quick-install
it may not even be what everyone uses.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2023, 10:19 AM   #4
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThot View Post
I’m not sure if it’s bluetooth i just have this here: https://burgertuning.com/products/n54-jb-quick-install
it may not even be what everyone uses.
ohh my bad, so yeah not much to do with this.

only the boost range increase.

its a plug and play and forget device.
Appreciate 1
JimThot40.00
      11-29-2023, 10:34 AM   #5
JimThot
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
ohh my bad, so yeah not much to do with this.

only the boost range increase.

its a plug and play and forget device.
ahh okay, is the solenoid bypass still a thing? or did people find out it was bad for the turbos.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2023, 11:38 AM   #6
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I would say very outdated, there's better option now not that expensive.

MHD had a blackfriday sell, maybe check on boxing day

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...olenoid+bypass
Appreciate 2
      11-29-2023, 05:46 PM   #7
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThot View Post

Basically just wondering if there is any tips on how to use this thing effectively.
Yeah, remove it!

But seriously, there are better/safer/cheaper options available, specifically MHD. I hate to sound like a shill but it's ridiculously easy to use and their OTS maps allegedly have better fail-safes than any piggyback tune. Piggyback tunes were the only game in town and they were perfectly fine when the DME was locked down, but times have changed.
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2023, 07:40 AM   #8
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
Yeah, remove it!

But seriously, there are better/safer/cheaper options available, specifically MHD. I hate to sound like a shill but it's ridiculously easy to use and their OTS maps allegedly have better fail-safes than any piggyback tune. Piggyback tunes were the only game in town and they were perfectly fine when the DME was locked down, but times have changed.
+1.

Since 2022 MHD added few really nice new features for N54.
Only with the fun you'll have playing with those options and OTS maps, will worth the cost.
Appreciate 0