E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > oil breather help

01-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
richieblade
Rep
Drives: 320d e90 163

Talking oil breather help

Hi guys as you can see im new here but have been reading alot of your posts and you are very knowledgeable, and thats great because I need your help.
I have a 2007 320d e90 163hp and have just bought the full service kit. I also bought the k&n air filter to help the engine breathe better, I am a qualified mechanic although I have not practiced for 10 years due to qualifying as a firefighter in 2004, I will be ok carrying out the service on the car but do you guys kmow if I should change the oil breather on the turbo, it seems that people have a few problems with these although I am not,
I do think that my mpg could be better, I have also had the swirls on the inlet blanked off just for safety. And I need advise on gearbox oil changing as its on 97, 000 miles now, (its a manual) Please help guys.... many thanks in advance
Appreciate 0