E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > 2007 E90 coding for LCI Tail Lights

11-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #1
buly34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335xi 6MT

Exclamation 2007 E90 coding for LCI Tail Lights

So I got a set of LCI tailights installed on my 2007 E90 335. I am trying to get the coding to work to remove the errors and fast blinking. I have spent hours reading forums on this topic but can't seem to find the answer I am looking for. I found (don't remember how) the list of coeds where I need to add "Nicht" but a lot of the lines were missing that other threads said to change. My other issue is how do I change the coding on the car once I edit the file? I don't understand how to flash the changes onto the car. I am working with NCS Expert and believe I have the FRM1 since my car is older. Any help would be appreciated, I've been trying to figure this out for the last few days and figured this might be my best shot at getting an answer.

Thanks in advance!
      11-16-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by buly34 View Post
So I got a set of LCI tailights installed on my 2007 E90 335. I am trying to get the coding to work to remove the errors and fast blinking. I have spent hours reading forums on this topic but can't seem to find the answer I am looking for. I found (don't remember how) the list of coeds where I need to add "Nicht" but a lot of the lines were missing that other threads said to change. My other issue is how do I change the coding on the car once I edit the file? I don't understand how to flash the changes onto the car. I am working with NCS Expert and believe I have the FRM1 since my car is older. Any help would be appreciated, I've been trying to figure this out for the last few days and figured this might be my best shot at getting an answer.

Thanks in advance!
Use the BMW Coding Tool or NCS Dummy to load the TRC file. Once you're inside either of those programs, it translates the values for you so you can see which ones you need to change. Set all rear bulb checks to nicht_aktiv. You're right, different FRM version call each of them something a little different.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
buly34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
Use the BMW Coding Tool or NCS Dummy to load the TRC file. Once you're inside either of those programs, it translates the values for you so you can see which ones you need to change. Set all rear bulb checks to nicht_aktiv. You're right, different FRM version call each of them something a little different.
Thank you I am going to give this a try soon. Once I get all the values changed, how do I get the file back onto the car? I'm new to coding and wasn't able to figure it out on all the threads I was reading. Thanks!
      12-16-2017, 04:52 PM   #4
SG_E90
DaZuc
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone

Export as FSW_PSW.MAN, then sg_codieren the frm module.

If you need help editing the trace you can share on here I can modify for you.
Appreciate 0