E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > THE LAST SMOG POST - SoCal Jan. 2021

08-20-2021, 02:17 PM   #23
e9.2slow
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardoninety View Post
Would recommend going to a place that is super busy and more than a 1 man shop, I’m assuming these ones care more about quickness, the one I went to I was the only person and he spent 45 minutes doing the visual.
Thats crazy! Mine spent 2 minutes looking at the engine bay and just a peek underneath the car, didn't even jack it up. Luck of the draw I guess, maybe how much they get paid has something to do with it?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 12:01 PM   #24
09beemer05
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Nardoninety...yes this happened to me to. I have owned my car for 10 years, I've never had an issue before..but this year...all 3 shops checked for all 4 of my kitties ...used a mirror and everything. Since the n54 scene has grown they know what to look for now. Had no cell and all monitors ready...good thing none of them flagged me..just told me what it is. Had to put my stock DPs on and passed it. Oh and had to flash back to stock..removed mhd, not map 0...he said they'll pick it. Has to be stock stock. Good luck fellas, it just depends on who gets lucky. Oh! And few weeks later got stopped on those road side smog checks...good thing I left the stockers on. In fact I'll probably never change them out again. It's frustrating and annoying here in Cali.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 08:59 PM   #25
Technics_
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09beemer05 View Post
Nardoninety...yes this happened to me to. I have owned my car for 10 years, I've never had an issue before..but this year...all 3 shops checked for all 4 of my kitties ...used a mirror and everything. Since the n54 scene has grown they know what to look for now. Had no cell and all monitors ready...good thing none of them flagged me..just told me what it is. Had to put my stock DPs on and passed it. Oh and had to flash back to stock..removed mhd, not map 0...he said they'll pick it. Has to be stock stock. Good luck fellas, it just depends on who gets lucky. Oh! And few weeks later got stopped on those road side smog checks...good thing I left the stockers on. In fact I'll probably never change them out again. It's frustrating and annoying here in Cali.
This is madness man, I moved to SoCal from NYC in 2018 and this is my second time having to deal with smog. First time was in SD and I had the stock cats on but the shop mentioned he was doing me a favor by passing me because I had DCI's. I was like uhhhh ok. Now Im in LA and the car is FBO and I'm having all kinds of issues man. Sometimes I just think about getting a 5.0 and calling it lol.

Where was that roadside check point??
Appreciate 0