E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 330D Fault Code HELP!

08-11-2022, 12:40 PM   #1
E36Jacob
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D

330D Fault Code HELP!

Hello all, I bought my 2006 E90 BMW 330D (M57) with a supposed 368horsepower however the car feels stock, I have all the necessary modifications for at least 400hp now so just needs a tune. I need some help with fault codes that I have found with INPA.

Error code - 4587, clogged fuel filter. I think this is a self explanatory fix so I will be ordering and fitting a new fuel filter.

Error code - 4A27, intelligent battery sensor. Not sure why this has come up as battery runs and starts brilliantly so I will ignore as it doesn't affect car performance.

Error code - 41AA, boost pressure sensor. This is the main thing I want to sort out; some people say its the MAF sensor while some say its the MAP sensor. Some people also say this can come from a dodgy map which is what I think as well. Is it worth replacing both the MAF and MAP sensors? Or could it be a problem with the turbo?

Last error code is 3F25, charge air hose monitoring, people say this could be a problem with my intercooler piping as it could be split. I did notice that I could hear a sort of leak when the foot was down, at first I thought it was at a certain rpm of 3000 but seems to be whenever you put the foot down and not rpm related; I also thought it was an exhaust leak as I did hit the exhaust hangar on a gate-stopper. But this fault code leads me to believe its not an exhaust leak. Any help would be appreciated, cheers!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 01:55 PM   #2
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

The MAF doesn't detect boost, the MAP does. Sounds like you've got a massive boost leak.
      08-13-2022, 01:49 PM   #3
compressionignition
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

If you have access to a smoke test machine you can apply pressurized smoke to the system to look for any leaks from the intercooler or charge pipes. If not there are a few good tutorials on YouTube for how to make your own smoke tester at home with a soldering iron and bicycle pump. Best way to identify a boost leak. If you have access to ista/inpa there is a way to see data on battery registration. The intelligent battery sensor can throw weird faults sometimes if you have replaced a battery and not registered the replacement in the dme.
Appreciate 0