E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Head Unit Repeatedly turning on and off every minute or so

04-09-2024, 02:53 PM   #1
e92jared
BMW Noob at Large
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335XI N55

Head Unit Repeatedly turning on and off every minute or so

Hello,

My e92 with a CIC unit in it keeps turning on and off every minute or so.

Everything in the car works when it's on like the speakers and navigation and that stuff but it will not stay on. It will die every minute or so then reboot and every time it does reboot the BMW logo appears and then will load it back up, and sometimes I get a full red screen.

I've been living with this problem for months now and I've tried to do research before but it seems like I've never been able to find a true answer or get any tips on how to diagnose the problem.

I just want to know if it's likely a screen issue or if it could be the whole head unit itself that needs replacing. I'm prepared to try a used screen from eBay but if it's leaning more towards the whole unit it will spend the money to do so.

I've also been wanting to get a brand-new Android unit that will allow for carplay. These systems are a lot of money for me so I definitely do not want to get one and find out it's still not going to work. If it is possible that getting a unit like this would just overcome the problem then I would just go that way.

If anybody has any experience or ideas on what i can do/what it way be please let me know, really been struggling with this one.
Appreciate 0