E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Questions for flashing CIC from version C0A to C16

05-11-2020, 01:58 AM   #1
dcay
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Questions for flashing CIC from version C0A to C16

Hi, I need help in determining which SP-daten file to use with WinKFP to update the CIC module in my daughter's 2009 328i. Her e90 has iDrive but practically nothing else. As the title says, my daughter's e90 has the first CIC firmware version C0A. We want to be able to update her maps via usb and I also want to later add a combox for USB, bluetooth and BMW Apps capability.

I have read that I will want to flash CIC firmware version C16 and I have downloaded SP-daten versions V38, V39, V40 and V41 in search for this C16 version. The E89 folders have maximum CIC versions C12, C14, none, and C17, respectively, inside these daten files. I have also read that the SP-daten file I will want to use is V41 to maintain BMW Apps without a FSC code compatibility. Does V42 only go up to C16 and I need to keep looking for that daten version? I read where people mention V42 but I have not found that daten file yet.

Is V41 the correct daten version to install for CIC.C16 (C17?). Is it really version C17 that does not need a FSC code? I understand WinKFP will suggest an appropriate/highest version to update to when I go to flash the CIC module. I assume that the WinKFP user cannot select the version to be installed with a particular daten file, the highest version in the file will be installed. I plan to use Update function in WiinKFP Comfort mode. I have not used WinKFP before and am awaiting delivery of an ICOM A2+B+C module and cables to update over the MOST network inside the car.

Thanks in advance for any help to explain what daten file version will go with the CIC.C16 version or confirm the CIC.C17 version is good.

David
Appreciate 0