E90Post
 


Coby Wheel
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Lewis Hamilton's contract demand : Mercedes agree to 'Max Verstappen clause' ?!?!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-07-2021, 04:21 PM   #1629
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Bubbles's Avatar
Cayman Islands
464
Rep
3,908
Posts

Drives: Green Bastard
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
40% chance of rain expected race time last I looked at the forecast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah mate , no rain . Too bad ...
I compared telemetry, AT was running 10+ km/h on the straight compared to RB., which explains timing delta. RB appeared to be taking it easy in FP 2.

No rain expected, too bad.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Appreciate 2
M5Rick10564.50

      05-07-2021, 04:28 PM   #1630
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
10565
Rep
7,154
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
I compared telemetry, AT was running 10+ km/h on the straight compared to RB., which explains timing delta. RB appeared to be taking it easy in FP 2.

No rain expected, too bad.
Thanks for putting that on and yes AT was quicker there today but I think RB was doing something else than going for a quick time.
With rain now predicted to be after the race I guess RB are dialing out the wet race mode and I expect them to be quick tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 05:05 PM   #1631
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
27781
Rep
15,509
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
I compared telemetry, AT was running 10+ km/h on the straight compared to RB., which explains timing delta. RB appeared to be taking it easy in FP 2.

No rain expected, too bad.
Indeed ! They kept it quiet . Probably they just tested different PU response settings.
Strange , because they are having a huge data storage regarding the settings and mappings from the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya .

Seems like the W12 can run very fast over one lap .
Even BOT can be very fast over one lap , because he took the pole at Portugal .
Same with HAM at Portugal , the moment when he overtook MAX , it was like MAX was standing still !
Over one lap the W12 runs very fast to make the gap . Once the gap is made , the Merc pace goes back to normal .
One thing is for sure : The W12 found new (more) power ! A higher rake and the 16B's rear wing ...
Hopefully Red Bull has a response for the Merc's warp-speed ! Because this race is already crucial for the drivers ranking .

Mate .Thanks for sharing ....
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick10564.50

      05-07-2021, 05:22 PM   #1632
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
10565
Rep
7,154
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Indeed ! They kept it quiet . Probably they just tested different PU response settings.
Strange , because they are having a huge data storage regarding the settings and mappings from the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya .

Seems like the W12 can run very fast over one lap .
Even BOT can be very fast over one lap , because he took the pole at Portugal .
Same with HAM at Portugal , the moment when he overtook MAX , it was like MAX was standing still !
Over one lap the W12 runs very fast to make the gap . Once the gap is made , the Merc pace goes back to normal .
One thing is for sure : The W12 found new (more) power ! A higher rake and the 16B's rear wing ...
Hopefully Red Bull has a response for the Merc's warp-speed ! Because this race is already crucial for the drivers ranking .

Mate .Thanks for sharing ....
Makes the bulges on the PU covers more to do with that in combination with a longer boost battery charge for a short moment when needed.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 06:14 PM   #1633
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
27781
Rep
15,509
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Makes the bulges on the PU covers more to do with that in combination with a longer boost battery charge for a short moment when needed.
That's what I was thinking about the bulge as well . More boost = More generated heat !

Remember last year , the last race in Abu Dhabi ..
Mercedes had to turn it down , because 2 weeks before it blew in Checo's Pink Mercedes.
It was a sign on the wall !!!
More boost and power is more wear ...

It's for sure , Mercedes came up in Portugal with something very special !
At least over one lap ...But that's enough to make the gap and to win the race !

#WarpSpeed !!!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick10564.50

      Yesterday, 01:32 AM   #1634
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
10565
Rep
7,154
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's what I was thinking about the bulge as well . More boost = More generated heat !

Remember last year , the last race in Abu Dhabi ..
Mercedes had to turn it down , because 2 weeks before it blew in Checo's Pink Mercedes.
It was a sign on the wall !!!
More boost and power is more wear ...

It's for sure , Mercedes came up in Portugal with something very special !
At least over one lap ...But that's enough to make the gap and to win the race !

#WarpSpeed !!!
Something they had on a dusty shelf already built from years back ready when needed.
Any chance of the Chinese March 5B rocket falling on both the Mercs while they are parked up my friend
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 06:24 AM   #1635
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
10565
Rep
7,154
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
FP3. Checo better sort himself out before quali as he's nowhere at the moment in 10th as Max blitzes Merc with a perfect run.
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 08:48 AM   #1636
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
27781
Rep
15,509
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
FP3. Checo better sort himself out before quali as he's nowhere at the moment in 10th as Max blitzes Merc with a perfect run.
Currently MAX = P1 => 1:16.922 !!!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick10564.50

      Yesterday, 08:49 AM   #1637
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
10565
Rep
7,154
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Currently MAX = P1 => 1:16.922 !!!
Into the 16's!
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 09:15 AM   #1638
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
10565
Rep
7,154
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
0.168 separates Hammy, Max and Bot, Max had to back of a bit because of Perez yellow flag which hammy didn't and he did Q2 on used tyres which will be disadvantage for him tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 09:37 AM   #1639
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
27781
Rep
15,509
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
0.168 separates Hammy, Max and Bot, Max had to back of a bit because of Perez yellow flag which hammy didn't and he did Q2 on used tyres which will be disadvantage for him tomorrow.
Checo ran wide with his front left tire on the gravel (half tire was on the gravel)
And of course he went off ...big mistake-own mistake !

As for the Red Bull race strategy , once again the situation looks bad !
Damn Checo !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick10564.50

      Yesterday, 09:42 AM   #1640
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
10565
Rep
7,154
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Checo ran wide with his front left tire on the gravel (half tire was on the gravel)
And of course he went off ...big mistake-own mistake !

As for the Red Bull race strategy , once again the situation looks bad !
Damn Checo !
Yes again Max has to fight two MIB's with one hand for EACH !
Checo should at least be hanging on within tolerance for a higher place instead of kid mistakes of his own making.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 06:13 AM   #1641
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
10565
Rep
7,154
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Just in that according to Pirelli, Max has the best strategy of winning today even with Checo starting from 7th.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 06:46 PM   #1642
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
29862
Rep
11,211
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Just in that according to Pirelli, Max has the best strategy of winning today even with Checo starting from 7th.
This didn't age well, at all.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 98 Wins. 100 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 2
dbarton62787.00
Bongoxxx466.00

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST