E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Sony radio not keeping memory

02-26-2020, 12:52 PM   #1
MERoberts
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 318i M Sport

Question Sony radio not keeping memory

Hello all,
Pulling my hair out here.

2006 BMW - replaced original unit with a new sony radio.
Purchased the cp2-bm52 cable to enable me to keep the steering wheel controls, lost rear sensors. Installed a DAB radio with it.

All works fine, although the audio on the bluetooth is poor.

My problem is that it is not keeping the memory of the stations. It will keep the memory for about 10 minutes (switching the car off, opening doors, closing, restarting etc) but after that it doesn't.

I have tried swapping the red and yellow cables around, nothing changes.

What is the problem please?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 05:13 PM   #2
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 Saloon 2011

Hi mate. On the aftermarket harness there should be a constant 12v lead which is yellow. I am assuming it's the connects2 harness you bought? That needs to either be run to the back and connected to the positive terminal of the battery, or to a place on the fuse board that is constant 12v. I connected it to the fuse board. There was an empty slot which corresponds to the OBD connector. Or the best best is to run it directly to the battery but make sure the is a fuse in-line probably 15amp.
Appreciate 0