E90Post

European Auto Source (EAS)

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Anjuna's N55 Tuning Thread

02-26-2020, 12:48 PM   #45
uber
uber driver
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i E90

How awesome would it be if there was a public git repo for all of this, so users don't have to navigate through a bunch of forum pages for table updates / etc
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 12:52 PM   #46
anjuna
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber View Post
How awesome would it be if there was a public git repo for all of this, so users don't have to navigate through a bunch of forum pages for table updates / etc
EDIT - I am an asshole and overreacted.

Last edited by anjuna; Yesterday at 07:19 AM.. Reason: Asshole, I am.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 08:54 PM   #47
uber
uber driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
Tell me how well that's currently working for the public XDFs.

That public XDF repo has a ton of errors and has made no appreciable progress in the time it's been maintained.

I'm still working on fleshing out my platforms XDF. The progress I've made has come from cross comparing publicly available information inside that XDF repo.

If you feel like you have something to contribute, by all means, let me know. I don't think it's too hard to find the first post in this thread, which has very little in it, but also contains all the work on the E series XDFs. As stated before, I'm F series. So, appy polly lodgies that I don't have non-relevant F series info posted there.

Check the shit at the door.

✌️
Whoa. I think you read my comment incorrectly. Maybe you interpreted my comment as sarcasm for why you don't have this in a repo? That's not the case. I'm not taking any stabs at you. I was simply bringing up an idea that maybe having a repo to supplement all your posts (well maintained by the way) would be helpful. I brought it up because there's so much information in the mhd thread, but that information is very hard to sift through.

I don't know what I should be checking at the door. I think you're doing a bunch of work for the community and it's awesome. I don't think you need to be this defensive to random ideas thrown at you though. And no, nothing to contribute. Hoping to learn though so I can in the future.

Last edited by uber; 02-26-2020 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:19 PM   #48
anjuna
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber View Post
a very reasonable and adult reply to anjuna's childishness.
Sorry, I've been dealing with a lot of negativity that comes with sharing this stuff lately. I definitely read it as sarcasm. I apologize.

I've had people hounding me for everything left and right as well as people accusing me of keeping things to myself.

Kinda sucks to deal with the negativity when I'm trying to do my best to share this stuff publicly. I just happened to get a string of messages and saw yours and overreacted.

Tomorrow I'll make all the XDFs into a repository and share them in the main link.

I have been shying away with doing so because I don't want people to take it as golden AND most of the coding I do for work is proprietary, so I've never had a chance to do a working repo.

Again, sorry for the overreaction. I'll send you a PM when the repo is up, as well as add it to the first post.

I need to work on documentation as well. The calculator in the first is gold, but isn't user friendly.

Last edited by anjuna; Yesterday at 07:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:38 PM   #49
uber
uber driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
Sorry, I've been dealing with a lot of negativity that comes with sharing this stuff lately. I definitely read it as sarcasm. I apologize.

I've had people hounding me for everything left and right as well as people accusing me of keeping things to myself.

Kinda sucks to deal with the negativity when I'm trying to do my best to share this stuff publicly. I just happened to get a string of messages and saw yours and overreacted.

Tomorrow I'll make all the XDFs into a repository and share them in the main link.

I have been shying away with doing so because I don't want people to take it as golden AND most of the coding I do for work is proprietary, so I've never had a chance to do a working repo.

Again, sorry for the overreaction. I'll send you a PM when the repo is up, as well as add it to the first post.

I need to work on documentation as well. The calculator in the first is gold, but isn't user friendly.
Sorry to hear about the negativity man. I can definitely see how tough it is trying to open source something. About people taking your table as gold, I think if there’s a disclaimer, just like in your initial post, there shouldn’t be reason for confusion.

No need to PM me, I check this thread daily Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:30 AM   #50
all4bspinnin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i LeMans Blue/Terracota

Guys, are you ok if I add a few more tables to the github XDF?
Appreciate 0