E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Foam cannon recommendation

10-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
n e x u s
Introducing to BMW
Canada
Rep
Drives: xXx

Post Foam cannon recommendation

Hi all,

Looking to buy Wolfgang Foamaster Foam Gun and would like to have your opinion on that.

Thanks for your advice,
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
cu2mike
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 tsx

Google MTM Hydro and get that one instead, works just as well as the wolfgang but at a fraction of the price!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cu2mike View Post
Google MTM Hydro and get that one instead, works just as well as the wolfgang but at a fraction of the price!
This. I highly recommend it. I bought mine off Amazon. I used it and it works like a charm, and just as good as my friends with the Camspray and other re-branded foam cannons.

I just looked at your link though, and that's a foam gun, not foam cannon. The one you linked is the same Gilmour Foamaster that can be found on Amazon for around $40 shipped.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
sorryiwasnapping
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by n e x u s View Post
Hi all,

Looking to buy Wolfgang Foamaster Foam Gun and would like to have your opinion on that.

Thanks for your advice,
Are you using this with a regular garden hose, or do you have a pressure washer? If you have a pressure washer go with cu2mike's recommendation, or for an even cheaper alternative (albeit, not as foamy) Green Earth G-Foam Foam Blaster from homedepot at about $15 USD.

If you are going with a regular hose, what you listed is okay, or even the comparably priced Gilmour. Just note, unless you plan on using 8+oz of Maxi Sudds II (or equivalent foamy soap), you are not going to see the "foam painting" results that you may see on a lot of detailing boards, where the detailers used a pressure washer with a foam cannon. Hell even with a crap load of soap, it's not going to linger on paint all that long, though it suffices as a decent pre-soak.
Appreciate 0