E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Fuel injector ports seat cleaning

02-23-2022, 12:14 PM   #1
Bnk91
Rep
Drives: Bmw 3 series e90 2011

Fuel injector ports seat cleaning

Anyone help me beat way to clean injector ports or any tool sets good price.. i change my seal but still leaking .

Uk
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 10:30 AM   #2
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnk91 View Post
Anyone help me beat way to clean injector ports or any tool sets good price.. i change my seal but still leaking .

Uk
Strange, I replaced my injector seals and the copper seal at around 150/160k miles and other than a hoover with a straw and some kitchen towel they came up pretty good and no issues.

If they where any worse I would have bought an injector reamer tool, have your looked into those? From what I watched on YouTube when I was going to replace my valve cover the chap used one of those tools and it came up perfectly clear.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 04:39 PM   #3
Bnk91
Rep
Drives: Bmw 3 series e90 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
Quote:

Uk
Strange, I replaced my injector seals and the copper seal at around 150/160k miles and other than a hoover with a straw and some kitchen towel they came up pretty good and no issues.

If they where any worse I would have bought an injector reamer tool, have your looked into those? From what I watched on YouTube when I was going to replace my valve cover the chap used one of those tools and it came up perfectly clear.
Yeah got it sorted. Friend lent me tool that clean the bottom injector. Then just had metro pole that fit into injector and put cloth round it and clean inside . Used hover with pipe end to fit down clean the bits .. 3rd time put new seals still two was leaking so end up stop engine and tight it up abit more now seem fine now.. thanks getting back
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 06:13 PM   #4
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Yeah got it sorted. Friend lent me tool that clean the bottom injector. Then just had metro pole that fit into injector and put cloth round it and clean inside . Used hover with pipe end to fit down clean the bits .. 3rd time put new seals still two was leaking so end up stop engine and tight it up abit more now seem fine now.. thanks getting back
Yeah I was concerned about them not sealing, did you find that one injector bolt was looser on every injector? When I did mine I think the closest towards the windshield was looser on every injector and I've heard people having problems with them coming loose after and using a small amount of blue loctite. Not something I've personally done as my injectors "seemed" okay.
Appreciate 0