E90Post

Evolution of Speed

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > We Call BS - A Generation that will Change America

02-20-2018, 01:04 PM   #221
IK6SPEED
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Hispanic can be black or white. It is a bogey. The data is congruent with UCR though not exact. Bottom line is while blacks tend to murder and be murdered more, whites are involved in mass shootings more often.

I don't add race on race as most crime is that way and it's an absolute non-statistic.
Correct on both counts.

Odds of an African American being killed by another African American is well over 90%, although the media would have you believe a Law Enforcement Officers are the greatest threat.

And yes, when adjusted for population, African American murders are 0.02% Of the AA population while whites are only 0.002%

AA 10x more likely to be murdered than whites.....and over 90% Of AA are killed by other AA.

So yes, racial diversity inflates murder rates in the USA.
MKSixer7796.00

02-20-2018, 01:04 PM   #222
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
But they also got some seriously draconian laws there..

The possession, consumption, manufacturing, import, export, or trafficking of these and other controlled drugs in any amount are illegal. Persons caught with less than the Mandatory Death Penalty amounts of these controlled substances face penalties ranging from caning (up to 24 strokes) to life in prison.
True, but it works. If that is what it takes to manage a diverse society and maintaining peace and safety why not if nothing else works ?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #223
IK6SPEED
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaaQaf View Post
True, but it works. If that is what it takes to manage a diverse society and maintaining peace and safety why not if nothing else works ?
Because unlike Singapore, we are a nation that was built on freedom.
      02-20-2018, 01:08 PM   #224
dmk08
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & 4Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
As long as you were a white male.
Appreciate 1
Lups9986.50

02-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #225
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Love how the anti-gun lobby here continues to take one element out if the mix to try and make their case.

We know guns are plentiful in the USA. That wasnít an issue for countless decades.

Itís the new pieces to the puzzle that have caused the perfect storm.

And no, Iím not some white xenophob suggesting some made up BS that I never stated or implied.
Im not sure if your along with me on this or being critique constructive. To clarify I addressed the logic that was suggesting the more diverse the society is the higher the crime rate will be.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #226
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Nothing sparks fights like a renovation. Even a planned renovation. We are remodeling our kitchen right now. So far so good, but its a powder keg that could explode at any moment and without warning!

I envy you!

I'm so fucking uptight about houses, I refuse to build a new one since our building guidelines have gone to shit here. Anything built before 1940 is okay in my books, then unrenovated from the 60's are okay if on a hill, nothing from the 70's, or 80's, and anything newer than that looks like shit to me.

I'm pretty sure I will end up in the basement in a block of concrete this time around since my mom has been saying she wants to sell the house i grew up in, I really want to buy it but it would be both financially and logically and for the health reasons I use to veto houses from the mentioned eras the most idiotic thing I've ever done. There is no way to justify it, and I hate the house too, but apparently I want to sign the papers to get rid of that one before I can truly move on.

And that all is just the pretext to this project since this time around we are buying the last house.

Oh, and if i can drag this on enough, I can buy a summer home and if i can pull that off, fuck the hubby, I'll be there 9 months out of the year so I wont have to listen to his bitching about not having a house.

See, you have the better wife...
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2018, 01:14 PM   #227
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Built on freedom for white yes
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 01:18 PM   #228
Delta0311
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Im not sure if your along with me on this or being critique constructive. To clarify I addressed the logic that was suggesting the more diverse the society is the higher the crime rate will be.
Foreigners in Singapore are predominantly Chinese. So cultural similarity is there. Now flood Singapore with a few hundred thousands migrants from the Middle East and let see if how that affects the crime rate.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #229
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So you telling me a black man here does not have the same freedoms as I do. Let me know what he is unable to do that I can due to my whiteness?
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED1544.00

02-20-2018, 01:22 PM   #230
dmk08
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So you telling me a black man here does not have the same freedoms as I do. Let me know what he is unable to do that I can due to my whiteness?
Uhm.. he said it was built on freedom... that insinuates thats how it was in the 1700s not today.

You think Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans, Women, etc were "free" then?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #231
IK6SPEED
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
As long as you were a white male.
Quote:
Many Countries were built on slave labor in their history.

As if Singapore is so innocent.

Long before Trump, I had discussions with some longtime Black Friends and asked them, knowing that every elder regardless of color always wants better and will sacrifice for their children, no matter how they got here, don’t you believe it’s better than the opportunities you would have had in Africa if your elders were never brought here, regardless of how.

I have yet to find one who doesn’t agree.

Between the ongoing poverty, disease and continued civil strife in the areas slaves were taken from Africa, it’s hard to disagree.

Quote:
Uhm.. he said it was built on freedom... that insinuates thats how it was in the 1700s not today.

You think Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans, Women, etc were "free" then?
And the USA is still building. It’s never ending.

Sorry for your myopic view.
SakhirM46838.00

02-20-2018, 01:26 PM   #232
dmk08
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Many Countries were built on slave labor in their history.

As if Singapore is so innocent.

Long before Trump, I had discussions with some longtime Black Friends and asked them, knowing that every elder regardless of color always wants better and will sacrifice for their children, no matter how you got here, donít you believe itís better than the opportunities you would have had in Africa if your elders were never brought here, regardless of how.

I have yet to find one who doesnít agree.

Between the ongoing poverty, disease and continued civil strife in the areas slaves were taken from Africa, itís hard to disagree.
Ok nice little story. Whats that got to do with your original statement being completely false?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #233
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Quote:

It is funny how everyone needs to get a swipe in at the US. Yes like most countries the US had a dark period in its history. Yet today a lot of people around the world, especially from third world countries want to immigrate here? Wonder why that is? Probably because over time we fought hard to make those liberties available to everyone. Same can't be said for a lot of other countries around the world. It is 2018 and slavery still exists in parts of the world and in most countries where Islam dominates women are still treated as second class citizens. Sure we had a lot of issues here in the US in the beginning but we fixed them over time... Same can't be said for many other countries out there.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 3
SakhirM46838.00
IK6SPEED1544.00

02-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #234
IK6SPEED
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok nice little story. Whats that got to do with your original statement being completely false?
As far as I am concerned the USA is still building. Witness Obama.

Your myopic view has built = 1700s.
SakhirM46838.00

02-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #235
dmk08
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As far as I am concerned the USA is still building. Witness Obama.

Your myopic view has built = 1700s.
Another delusional GOP person. I bet you start a lot of sentences with "I'm not a racist but...".

My wife is black and thinks your previous statement is ludicrous.
Appreciate 2
Lups9986.50
BaaQaf232.50

02-20-2018, 01:39 PM   #236
IK6SPEED
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Good for her that she can express her views (if she actually did).

Of course if she tried to express her view in African nations that were most used to export slaves, she’d be dead or on a ship out of the Country.

Glad she enjoys here lush life in the USA living in freedom.
      02-20-2018, 01:45 PM   #237
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Another delusional GOP person. I bet you start a lot of sentences with "I'm not a racist but...".

My wife is black and thinks your previous statement is ludicrous

LAMO I be you start a lot of statements with "I'm an expert or race issues cause you know with my wife being black and all"..
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 3
IK6SPEED1544.00
SakhirM46838.00
DonaldPump1104.50

02-20-2018, 01:46 PM   #238
dmk08
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My wife is black and thinks your previous statement is ludicrous

LAMO I be you start a lot of statements with "I'm an expert or race issues cause you know with my wife being black and all"..
Nah I just asked her that very pointed question. If i was like that I'm sure I would have said it in here previously.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 01:48 PM   #239
dmk08
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Banned already...then again, wonder who this is....
Yeah it's obviously him again.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #240
IK6SPEED
Major General
United_States
Rep

MAYORS IN FLORIDA FACE FINES OF $5,000 IF THEY ENACT STRICTER RULES ON GUN CONTROL

South Miami Mayor Philip Stoddard may be one of the most liberal mayors in Florida, so he would be a natural candidate to push through a package of local gun-control rules in the wake of the Parkland massacre 50 miles away. But that would be against the law. Florida bans cities and counties from imposing their own gun-control rules. Seven years ago, the Republican-controlled Legislature even created a $5,000 fine it can impose on mayors like Stoddard if they ever try to enforce stricter regulations on firearms. Critics say it also makes Florida the toughest state in the nation when it comes to policing city and county rules on firearms.

FLORIDA SHERIFF’S SOLUTION TO CAMPUS SHOOTINGS: ARM THE TEACHERS

Grady Judd believes he’s found a solution that would help stop future school shootings: prepare teachers to shoot back. The Polk County Sheriff touted his department’s "Sentinel" program — which it developed in 2016 — during a Saturday appearance on Fox & Friends. The Sentinel program gives certain teachers the title of "Special Deputy" and a concealed campus carry permit. To achieve that title, teachers have to pass a mental health screening, a criminal background check — and complete hundreds of hours of firearm training.
      02-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #241
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Foreigners in Singapore are predominantly Chinese. So cultural similarity is there. Now flood Singapore with a few hundred thousands migrants from the Middle East and let see if how that affects the crime rate.

Well that not going to happen in Singapore much less a migrant being able to survive their. Its crazy expensive to live their if your a foreigner.

Chinese are foreigners in Singapore ? LoL ! How could Chinese be foreigners of Singapore if they are citizens who were born there ? The Chinese run Singapore. The Singapore society is similar to America in diversity.

Malaysians, Indians are next popular there along with small minority groups. You do have culturally dense city locations that Malaysians, Indians, Chinese, Japanese, and Middle Easterners go or stay within their circle.

Quote:
Your taking what I said out of context. I responded to the comment 'America was "built" on freedom'. To me America was built on July 4, 1776 . America was not "built" on Dec 18, 1865 or July 2, 1964.

400 years of America was for the sole freedom of whites. Black people didn't start to have true equality and freedom until after July 2, 1964 which was subsequently followed after when public lynching ended, debt peonage ended and convict leasing ended which was only 53-77 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #242
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Well that not going to happen in Singapore much less a migrant being able to survive their. Its crazy expensive to live their if your a foreigner.

Chinese are foreigners in Singapore ? LoL ! How could Chinese be foreigners of Singapore if they are citizens who were born there ? The Chinese run Singapore. The Singapore society is similar to America in diversity.

Malaysians, Indians are next popular there along with small minority groups. You do have culturally dense city locations that Malaysians, Indians, Chinese, Japanese, and Middle Easterners go or stay within their circle.

Your taking what I said out of context. I responded to the comment 'America was "built" on freedom'. To me America was built on July 4, 1776 . America was not "built" on Dec 18, 1865 or July 2, 1964.

400 years of America was for the sole freedom of whites. Black people didn't start to have true equality and freedom until after July 2, 1964 which was subsequently followed after when public lynching ended, debt peonage ended and convict leasing ended which was only 53-77 years ago.
That's the point many of us keep trying to make. Singapore has selective immigration and not an open door policy, like many want to setup in Europe and US.

"Chinese are foreigners in Singapore ? LoL ! How could Chinese be foreigners of Singapore if they are citizens who were born there ? The Chinese run Singapore. The Singapore society is similar to America in diversity.
"

This is kind of self explanatory. If you are Italian and born in the US or a naturalized US citizen then we can call you a Italian American. You can easily break every single American down demographic lines based on where their ancestors came from.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0