E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > FS: Tein S tech springs (brand new)

04-25-2021, 08:26 PM   #1
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

FS: Tein S tech springs (brand new)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Selling a brand new set of Tein S tech springs for e9x. Tein just makes one part number for the whole e9x lineup so the height will be a little higher if you have an NA motor.

These are the best riding lowering springs out there. I've had YCW coilovers, Eibach pro kit, H&R Sport, Factory M sport springs and these and without a question these ride the best. I had a set on my old e90 with Koni Oranges for several years and loved the setup. I bought this set to install on my new e90 but I've decided to go with something a little stiffer since I have a more aggressive wheel setup and don't want to rub.

In my opinion they are too low out of the box but I have some brand new e30 upper perches you can have if you want them. This is good for an extra 10mm of ride height which makes them perfect IMO.

Here's how they sat on my old car with the same upper perches. Perfect drop for 1/4 finger gap on all 4 corners.

$140 shipped, everything's brand new. Thanks!

Last edited by whyzee125; 04-25-2021 at 09:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 06:17 AM   #2
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 12:49 AM   #3
Htowniman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i

Do you trim the bump stop to install the Tein Spring? I bought a new B4 sport struts and bump stop, it only left 1.5 inch let for the spring to travel. I am afraid I will riding on bump stop. I called Tein about it, they said they test out the stock strut and couldn't tell how to apply the sport struts.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 11:55 AM   #4
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htowniman View Post
Do you trim the bump stop to install the Tein Spring? I bought a new B4 sport struts and bump stop, it only left 1.5 inch let for the spring to travel. I am afraid I will riding on bump stop. I called Tein about it, they said they test out the stock strut and couldn't tell how to apply the sport struts.
I used the e30 upper spring perches and pads which raises the suspension height and travel amount by 19mm. The springs are way too low otherwise and have almost no travel. With the upper perches and pads, the height was just right and ride quality was the best I've ever experienced in a lowered e90. I used e36 M3 front bumpstops which are shorter, similar to what you've done. You will definitely ride on bumpstops with stock ones and stock upper perches.
Appreciate 0