E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New car: Project TOURING ... mods and updates too

03-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #45
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Project Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPANDY View Post
Love it! Not sure about the red centres on the wheels but love em' otherwise. I assume that originally the studs on the wheels were just fakes, so did Dips drill them out and tap a new thread into them? Also do they clear the arches ok or have you had them rolled? Me and the missus really wanted a touring and narrowly missed a couple with pano roof. I still think we probably should've held out for a touring but I managed to get a saloon which ticked most of the boxes (I got black with oyster too). Lastly, what is the final offsets of the wheels including the spacers? When I get around to wacking some rimmage on my car I want to make sure the arches are packed.
yup studs were fakes and bolts are only cosmetic. yup he drilled them out and then we chose these new ones.

the rear is rubbing on bumps at the mo but i'm going to wait for coilies to settle then do tracking and then roll rears. they would rub more if the tyres weren't stretched

black and oyster is a beautiful combo imo

the offsets are both ET 35 the fronts are 8.5 and the rears 10. im using 10 mm hubcentric spacers up front and 15 mm on the rear. the front will be going up to 12mm soon to fill the arch better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
If you read Faqs, it says legal on xenon headlights.
On halogen, nope, they are not.
ah ok nice one
      03-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #46
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

People have asked me why black and red and it was mainly to look "different" and i saw a few inspirational cars online. i knew it would need a large stepped polished dish to make it work tho. the black and red is much more common on the vag/jap scene i think

anyway here are some pics

03-08-2012, 03:20 AM   #47
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

@ onetwentie
doesnt take to long to whip the front bumper your need to do this if you want to remove the lights. ive had more off these off now then hot dinners lol! Does your car have headlight washers?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #48
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidee90 View Post
@ onetwentie
doesnt take to long to whip the front bumper your need to do this if you want to remove the lights. ive had more off these off now then hot dinners lol! Does your car have headlight washers?
Hi westsidee90

Yup it got them.. Another 'lil gimmick to add to the list of toys.

I took off my MK4 golf front bumbler and that was really a Doddle.. Wondering how far different this one is? Come to think of it the golf had the headlight washers too but they clipped off easily enough.

I really like the splitters and think they really compliment the msport bumper.. Hmmmmm
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #49
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep

Theivz

What's going on with the sig? Your recent one was nice.. This one seems like a snippet of one of the first pics.. With all the litter flying around! Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #50
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
If you read Faqs, it says legal on xenon headlights.
On halogen, nope, they are not.
Not to start a debate off or anything but notice the offroad use disclosure..

"Our coloured/tinted headlamp protection films may not be legal for road use on primary lighting in your country. An off-road use disclosure is hereby declared. Please check your local laws before application if you have concerns. Installation of our tinted protection film on your head lights or fog lamps is done so at your own risk. Our light protection films are manufactured primarily for the motorsport industry.

The law/Mot hand book within the UK states that front primary lighting must produce a White or Yellow light. There is no documentation about the colour of the actual lens."

Theivz - do let us know if you run into issues with the traffic folk regarding these.. I'd be interested. Ta mucho!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #51
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwentie View Post
Theivz

What's going on with the sig? Your recent one was nice.. This one seems like a snippet of one of the first pics.. With all the litter flying around! Lol
I stand corrected.. Sig seems to be back in check!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #52
Mart1000
Capt Slow
Rep
Drives: Leon FR Supercopa

I think it looks very 'individual' and you've done a very good job! Very nice mate
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #53
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

That looks great...I actually really like the red, stands out, but not in a 'overdone' way. Looks very good! I really like your car...love modded tourings like yours!

Dips currently has my VMR wheels...this guy seems to work magic on wheels!! Many people with split rims etc only trust him with their wheels!
      03-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #54
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not to start a debate off or anything but notice the offroad use disclosure..

"Our coloured/tinted headlamp protection films may not be legal for road use on primary lighting in your country. An off-road use disclosure is hereby declared. Please check your local laws before application if you have concerns. Installation of our tinted protection film on your head lights or fog lamps is done so at your own risk. Our light protection films are manufactured primarily for the motorsport industry.

The law/Mot hand book within the UK states that front primary lighting must produce a White or Yellow light. There is no documentation about the colour of the actual lens."

Theivz - do let us know if you run into issues with the traffic folk regarding these.. I'd be interested. Ta mucho!
i think tinting lens is ok provided light output is ok - loks like xenons are fine

Quote:
I stand corrected.. Sig seems to be back in check!
phew ... got me worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart1000 View Post
I think it looks very 'individual' and you've done a very good job! Very nice mate
thanks mate! individual indeed - def growing on me more and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
That looks great...I actually really like the red, stands out, but not in a 'overdone' way. Looks very good! I really like your car...love modded tourings like yours!

Dips currently has my VMR wheels...this guy seems to work magic on wheels!! Many people with split rims etc only trust him with their wheels!
cheers mate

yeah Dips is a legend. His thread on evotechnik is insane - all his refurbed and recoloured rims - it is art

i actually met you a few years ago at mstyle when you got them to paint a small chip on your bonnet. i had an e46 vert at the time. i'm sure your vmrs will turn out special if dips is at the helm lol
      03-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #55
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
@ onetwentie
Just found a thread on here for the removal of the front bumper and the headlights.. Shocking to note how very similar the process is for the MK Golf that I mentioned..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404350

Thinking I might be able to do the kidneys, angel eyes and the lamin x in one fail sweep! (certainly the angel eyes will be much easier to do with the lights out) ....come to think of it I think I may be able to give the old foggy's a good clean too! .....roll on the good weather lol
Theivz did they take the mesh off the bumper before they sprayed it gloss black?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #56
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just found a thread on here for the removal of the front bumper and the headlights.. Shocking to note how very similar the process is for the MK Golf that I mentioned..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404350

Thinking I might be able to do the kidneys, angel eyes and the lamin x in one fail sweep! (certainly the angel eyes will be much easier to do with the lights out) ....come to think of it I think I may be able to give the old foggy's a good clean too! .....roll on the good weather lol
Theivz did they take the mesh off the bumper before they sprayed it gloss black?
nice find

pls do a write up when u do the above

yeah the took the mesh grills off. they're in gloss black like the grills. rest of the car is sapphire black. gloss black matches the a pillars and will match rear diffuser when rear end done
      03-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #57
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theivz View Post
nice find

pls do a write up when u do the above
Will do mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theivz View Post
yeah the took the mesh grills off. they're in gloss black like the grills. rest of the car is sapphire black. gloss black matches the a pillars and will match rear diffuser when rear end done
Out of interest how hard was it to get the grills off the bumper?

Edit: I found this:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285265

So that confirms I shall be doing some 'modding' lol

I'm considering painting them myself. I recently got some paint made from a local place (the detailer guy wanted a touch up pen) and it was at a decent price, pretty sure they can do the paint in a can too so would be easy enough to do.

I should hopefully get the car back tomorrow so watch this space for some post detailing pics!

Ps Theivz i recall you posting on a thread regarding your interior trim.. If you want some help with getting it wrapped give me a shout - I recently did mine in CF and it came out vewwy nice

I'd be interested to see how your diffuser comes out, I'm guessing with the car being black it'll look slick in gloss black. are they painting it on or off the bumper?

Last edited by onetwentie; 03-10-2012 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #58
p1tse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Need more space

Nice motor
      03-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #59
mc_blue
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman S & BMW 330d xD

Love the bumper modifications, now looking at the mesh inserts on my E92 I want those to be gloss black too!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #60
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Will do mate

Out of interest how hard was it to get the grills off the bumper?

Edit: I found this:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285265

So that confirms I shall be doing some 'modding' lol

I'm considering painting them myself. I recently got some paint made from a local place (the detailer guy wanted a touch up pen) and it was at a decent price, pretty sure they can do the paint in a can too so would be easy enough to do.

I should hopefully get the car back tomorrow so watch this space for some post detailing pics!

Ps Theivz i recall you posting on a thread regarding your interior trim.. If you want some help with getting it wrapped give me a shout - I recently did mine in CF and it came out vewwy nice

I'd be interested to see how your diffuser comes out, I'm guessing with the car being black it'll look slick in gloss black. are they painting it on or off the bumper?
tbh mate i didn't do any of the stripping as we have one 1 car in the family so all the work had to be co-ordinated for when we were on hols ... westsidee90 is the one to ask but he's away atm on business. the diy seems pretty ok to take off the front bumper can't imagine the mesh grills being very difficult

the rear diffuser is even easier to take off just a few screws. the exhaust company is supplying me and cutting a new diffuser as i want to keep the original standard for when i sell the car. i'm gonna take that separately to body shop for painting ... getting done in 2w ... can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1tse View Post
Nice motor
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_blue View Post
Love the bumper modifications, now looking at the mesh inserts on my E92 I want those to be gloss black too!
lol yeah i think the subtle mods make a big difference. it makes the front end a lot "cleaner" as it all looks more glossy
      03-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #61
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

So what do you do when the sun comes out?

Do you

a) Go to the park with the family
b) Go to the city for a day out
c) Wash your car and apply a few coats of wheel seal

Oh dear

The car got a quick wash yesterday but the wheels got treated to a coat of poorboys again and the dishes a separate coat of megs nxt … nice and shiny

A huge thank you to TPI for the custom wheel locking nuts. The fronts had to have 2mm shaved off. Unfortunately they had to be filed down a little to make the bolts fit in the hubs smoothly. Ordered one day delivered the next

03-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #62
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

lol Dude there are some nice BM's here in Mumbai at the mo I dont know who I am lol. PS the rear aches on the mrs touring are now rolled and the et15 alloys fitted well get pics up when the rubber is mounted (i did have down size to 255/30/19) :-(

have your springs settled? hqve you had the tracking done? its 1.28am here lol cant sleep!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #63
Mr Singh
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto

NXT metal polish on laquered lips? bit pointless lol
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #64
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
NXT metal polish on laquered lips? bit pointless lol
pmsl!! true. how much of a wally do i feel ... well im hoping for some placebo effect (except now i know its placebo) ... double doh. i hope it gives some protection ??? maybe ... ???
      03-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #65
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
lol Dude there are some nice BM's here in Mumbai at the mo I dont know who I am lol. PS the rear aches on the mrs touring are now rolled and the et15 alloys fitted well get pics up when the rubber is mounted (i did have down size to 255/30/19) :-(

have your springs settled? hqve you had the tracking done? its 1.28am here lol cant sleep!
still not done 100 miles yet lol

gonna get tracking done soon

ah the your tourer is gonna look good with stance and wheels

255s are nothing ... will give you some psychotherapy when you're back

bet some of the wealthy one know how to mod their beemers too

try counting sheep ... or better still ... try counting beemers

catch u when ur back mate
      03-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #66
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep

Just a huge thanks to the best hand car wash place in London. Only place I take my car to (when i can't do it myself). cheers Afi at “OVER THE RAINBOW” for some foam action … sweet. 2 bucket technique. special wheel brushes. inside and out for a tenner! Next to ACE cafe near hanger lane

I found some bird do do on my car so of course I washed it off straight away but there was a small bit I missed (cos it was dark) and 36h later there was a small mark left in the paint! Argh!

Anyway Afi came to the rescue and used a cutting compound then polish to restore the area ... it will need a proper swirl repair in the future but this will do for now …

Conclusion – wipe off all bird crap asap and use a torch to check the rest of the car (if it’s dark) lol