E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > project for the coming weekend - Professional to CIC retrofit.

02-16-2015, 04:03 PM   #1
bytejunkie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d xDrive M Sport

project for the coming weekend - Professional to CIC retrofit.

It took me 22 months, which is the longest any car ive ever had has been standard. but the BT phone kit (TCU?) died and I just kind of got sucked in by all the wonderful threads with swaps to better head units.
I msg'd Litany and was definitely going to use him, until I spoke to a mate who does this for a living and offered to help me. The only bit we're not sure about is the coding, but given we're both experienced VCDS users, it doesn't scare me much.

so the office floor looks like this picture. Wife is definitely not happy theres been a dashboard in there for 6 weeks, but its tough.
Think I've got everything I need to make it function, will continue the search for reasonably priced trim pieces.
I've got the pdf that does the rounds to follow for all the fixings, the plugs n bits look self explanatory, theres a bit of info with the emulator (and my mate fits similar devices to vws often enough) so anyone see anything obvious that I've overlooked?

I'll be aiming to take plenty of pics while im in there. think i'll take the opportunity to move the OBD port too.
Attached Images

Last edited by bytejunkie; 02-16-2015 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: daft title
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 04:31 PM   #2
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

goodluck and hope it goes well for you
Appreciate 0