E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Carchex PPI?

10-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #1
tricott335
Rep
Drives: 20011 335D

Carchex PPI?

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience using Carchex or similar service for a PPI. I'm looking at a vehicle out-of-state and it looks like it would be my best option.

Would they be able to do a proper, comprehensive PPI on a BMW? I wouldn't trust a non BMW-specialized mech to work on my car, so I am a bit apprehensive to let/trust a generic company like that to do a thorough PPI.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #2
tricott335
Rep
Drives: 20011 335D

A website called Lemon Squad has a specific BMW PPI. Still the same thoughts...would you trust it?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 08:01 AM   #3
TEC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricott335 View Post
A website called Lemon Squad has a specific BMW PPI. Still the same thoughts...would you trust it?
Great timing. I just used Lemon Squad to PPI a 2010 335i xdrive. They are very through and I trusted what they had to say after seeing the very extensive report (you can also request that they check certain items of concern as well) so much so that I bought the car sight unseen. After owning the car for awhile, there are one or two things I think they missed but otherwise everything is spot on. Really enjoying the car so far. Your mileage may vary.
Appreciate 0