E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Transmission Error - 5087

01-31-2018, 11:50 PM   #1
Ridgey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i

Transmission Error - 5087

Hey guys, today I came across a fault with the code of 5087. "EGS: Hardware, inputs, one touch function" is the message that pops up.

I had unplugged the battery to install a new steering wheel trim, and I made sure all connectors were in place, which I know for a fact because you don't really need to unplug anything to change steering wheel trim, but my car is showing odd symptoms.

It shifts into P, N, and R just fine, but when I put it into Drive, the car automatically selects M2 for me, but won't let me shift with the paddles, or the shifter itself. The car does not want to shift past M2 and won't even let me shift into M1 on the fly. To drive it, I currently have to start in M2, then throw it in neutral for a second, then back into drive, and it will select the gear it thinks is appropriate, so I know the transmission is functioning properly as I used 5th gear and 6th gear on my freeway drive home.

Do you guys have any idea why this code would pop up? It was functioning perfectly fine before, and I have dug into the automatic shifter housing and found no issues with wiring or anything.

Help!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 04:33 PM   #2
Soulja876
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d e90

Hi I’m having the same fault after installing a used gearbox everything is working except ds mode it doesn’t recongnise ds mode did you find out what was wrong ? Thanks
Appreciate 0