E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > WANTED: Supersprint, BMW Performance or Eisenmann E9x backbox

12-23-2021, 06:05 PM   #1
usi227
Rep
Drives: N53

WANTED: Supersprint, BMW Performance or Eisenmann E9x backbox

Hi,

I am after a performance exhaust for an e93 330i N53. Anyone selling?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 04:19 AM   #2
Sethorion
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport LCI 6MT

Garage List
AFAIK you can mod a standard backbox pair. All you need is a grinder and a welder. You could also pay a garage to do the work by providing them with a YouTube video where people have documented it.

I'm considering doing this myself. I've seen a standard backbox pair go for £50 on fleabay.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 06:22 AM   #3
usi227
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethorion View Post
AFAIK you can mod a standard backbox pair. All you need is a grinder and a welder. You could also pay a garage to do the work by providing them with a YouTube video where people have documented it.

I'm considering doing this myself. I've seen a standard backbox pair go for £50 on fleabay.
Thanks for the reply. I've considered that myself but I'm a bit worried that they'll do it incorrectly and I'll end up with a sound I'm not happy with. At least with the ones above there's plenty of sound clips on youtube to listen to.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 04:51 PM   #4
noname1
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 335i dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by usi227 View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I've considered that myself but I'm a bit worried that they'll do it incorrectly and I'll end up with a sound I'm not happy with. At least with the ones above there's plenty of sound clips on youtube to listen to.
Literally hundreds of people have done the PE mod, including myself, and it sounds really good. Worst case you have to buy a used back box which cost next to nothing. Sounds identical to genuine performance exhaust and easy to do. Worth a try at-least unless of course you have money to spare! I am very OCD with any modifications and it's one i'm probably most pleased with
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 04:55 PM   #5
Sethorion
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport LCI 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname1 View Post
Literally hundreds of people have done the PE mod, including myself, and it sounds really good. Worst case you have to buy a used back box which cost next to nothing. Sounds identical to genuine performance exhaust and easy to do. Worth a try at-least unless of course you have money to spare! I am very OCD with any modifications and it's one i'm probably most pleased with
I'm hesitant to do it in case the noise begins to drone on me. Is it tolerable when not pushing the car e.g. on motorways?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 06:20 PM   #6
noname1
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 335i dct

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname1 View Post
I'm hesitant to do it in case the noise begins to drone on me. Is it tolerable when not pushing the car e.g. on motorways?
If 10 was brain rattling and 1 was rolls Royce, I'd say it's a 3. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. There is a roughly 200 rpm range where you can hear the exhaust but i'm not even sure id call it drone. I'd be amazed if it bothered you.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2022, 07:30 AM   #7
usi227
Rep

Great thread on the Babybmw forum if anyone is considering the PE mod.

https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewto...f2e779fd9905b2

There's a sound clip on the thread after the mod and it does sound very good indeed. Pretty sure I'll be going down this route with some stainless steel 'M' embossed exhaust tips.

It's on a 130i N52 but I can imagine it'll sound pretty similar on 330i N53.
Appreciate 0