E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Trump UN speech and laughter

09-25-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
OnerDriver
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Trump UN speech and laughter

I thought this was an interesting topic of discussion to gauge how people view things.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...hani-this-week

1- To me, he made a claim that may or may not be true (he's careful not to say ALL), and he got maybe a snark remark by 1 person, I don't know who, and he replied to that person, which created a funny situation.
THEN everyone laughs at the exchange.
He then says he wasn't expecting that (from that ONE person).

2- Media is obviously reporting it as "UN members openly laugh at Trump's assertion; he says he didn't expect that (everyone laughing at him)"

Which one do you think happened? 1 or 2?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
Zugzwang
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d

The globalists laughed. The nationalists understood.

Im as likely to be right as i am wrong. In 6 years we will know better.
Appreciate 2
OnerDriver1962.50
PA135ii158.00

09-25-2018, 05:46 PM   #3
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
I thought this was an interesting topic of discussion to gauge how people view things.

1- To me, he made a claim that may or may not be true (he's careful not to say ALL), and he got maybe a snark remark by 1 person, I don't know who, and he replied to that person, which created a funny situation.

2- Media is obviously reporting it as "UN members openly laugh at Trump's assertion; he says he didn't expect that (everyone laughing at him)"

You do like to stir the pot, don't you....
OnerDriver1962.50
Lups10050.50

09-25-2018, 05:47 PM   #4
OnerDriver
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
Quote:

You do like to stir the pot, don't you....
Why do you say?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 05:55 PM   #5
DonaldPump
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Overall it was a great speech that drove home the reasons he was elected. The leftist propaganda networks will predictably latch onto anything that could be perceived as negative and tune everything else out. Trump makes grandiose statements like this all the time, who cares.
      09-25-2018, 05:59 PM   #6
DonaldPump
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

For some reason CNN doesn’t seem interested in the denuclearization of North Korea, how weird.
      09-25-2018, 06:08 PM   #7
Real Dodger
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
The globalists laughed. The nationalists understood.

Im as likely to be right as i am wrong. In 6 years we will know better.
Like Alex Jones? In Canada?

And furthermore, you're claiming now to be a Canadian nationalist?
Sea-Tac1343.50
minn194137.00

09-25-2018, 06:50 PM   #8
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, B8.5 A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
For some reason CNN doesn’t seem interested in the denuclearization of North Korea, how weird.
I don't see NK has anything to do with Trump. He didn't change anything other than threaten them.

NK is facing a lot of internal issues and Kim knows to maintain control, he needs to reduce pressure. What better way to get people off his back than to meet and write some document which doesn't say anything distinct? NK would be meeting with whomever is the current US president regardless if it is Trump or not.

Regardless of what Kim says, he means to stay in power and continue to screw his people into the ground.

Last edited by Z K; 09-25-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Appreciate 1
OnerDriver1962.50

09-25-2018, 07:04 PM   #9
ard5040
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 e90 M3

Quote:

I listened to the clip three times. He had At least a third of the delegates laughing at him. The rest probably weren’t even paying attention. trump would be irrelevant on the world stage if not for the fact that his narcissism could start world war three.
Appreciate 3
      09-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #10
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:

3 - *Hold for applause* became an awkward moment of silence, recovery fumbled, not being able to see the US delegation omits the real trigger, laughter from the chamber ensues.

09-25-2018, 07:57 PM   #11
DonaldPump
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I don't see NK has anything to do with Trump. He didn't change anything other than threaten them.

NK is facing a lot of internal issues and Kim knows to maintain control, he needs to reduce pressure. What better way to get people off his back than to meet and write some document which doesn't say anything distinct? NK would be meeting with whomever is the current US president regardless if it is Trump or not.

Regardless of what Kim says, he means to stay in power and continue to screw his people into the ground.
Well he certainly has made more progress than his predecessor, but yeah of course heís not going to give up his nukes willy nilly. I donít believe Kim Jong Un would be having those talks if Trump had not brought a fleet of aircraft carriers to his doorstep. He would also still be setting off missile tests like an asshat. To say itís only from internal issues is nonsense.

09-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #12
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard5040 View Post
Quote:

I listened to the clip three times. He had At least a third of the delegates laughing at him. The rest probably weren't even paying attention. trump would be irrelevant on the world stage if not for the fact that his narcissism could start world war three.
He's your President
Stand up and salute.
Appreciate 1
OnerDriver1962.50

09-25-2018, 10:20 PM   #13
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Well he certainly has made more progress than his predecessor, but yeah of course heís not going to give up his nukes willy nilly. I donít believe Kim Jong Un would be having those talks if Trump had not brought a fleet of aircraft carriers to his doorstep. He would also still be setting off missile tests like an asshat. To say itís only from internal issues is nonsense.
It is so very difficult to re-organize day to day village life just to suit the village idiot. So its best to remain rabidly ignorant and live in childish fantasy because all facts are lies and truth is always, at best, dubious but one surely must be content letting the "idiotsphere" consume itself.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 10:28 PM   #14
DonaldPump
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
It is so very difficult to re-organize day to day village life just to suit the village idiot. So its best to remain rabidly ignorant and live in childish fantasy because all facts are lies and truth is always, at best, dubious but one surely must be content letting the "idiotsphere" consume itself.
Good luck with that
      09-25-2018, 10:36 PM   #15
Zugzwang
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d

Lets give the don a listen and comment after.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 10:59 PM   #16
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I listened to the clip three times. He had At least a third of the delegates laughing at him. The rest probably weren't even paying attention. trump would be irrelevant on the world stage if not for the fact that his narcissism could start world war three.
Trump is many things on the world stage; irrelevant is not one of them.
      09-25-2018, 11:00 PM   #17
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Quote:
Well he certainly has made more progress than his predecessor, but yeah of course he’s not going to give up his nukes willy nilly. I don’t believe Kim Jong Un would be having those talks if Trump had not brought a fleet of aircraft carriers to his doorstep. He would also still be setting off missile tests like an asshat. To say it’s only from internal issues is nonsense.
Huh?

09-25-2018, 11:01 PM   #18
NickyC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
trump would be irrelevant on the world stage if not for the fact that his narcissism could start world war three.
I know you say things like that because it makes you feel good, but irrelevant? The world moves in lock step with his every decision on foreign affairs.
Appreciate 1
OnerDriver1962.50

09-26-2018, 05:46 AM   #19
ard5040
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
He's your President
Stand up and salute.
Troll
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 05:49 AM   #20
Ivan Ivanov
Second Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: F30 320d, F48 X1

I have mixed feelings. I probably would not want to at UN session, laughed at the words of my President...

although ... you do not consider him your president?
Appreciate 3
OnerDriver1962.50
Sea-Tac1343.50

09-26-2018, 05:55 AM   #21
ard5040
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Trump is many things on the world stage; irrelevant is not one of them.
I think I said that bbbb. His narcissism makes him very relevant and very dangerous, not just globally but at home also. trump projects his narcissism on this country when he insists that we donít need any alliances unless we are the benefactor. The idea that this country can exist in a vacuum may play well in East Bumfuck but reality is a little more complicated.
Appreciate 2
      09-26-2018, 06:13 AM   #22
TomD335xicoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI me ,16 X5 wife

I watched his speech thought it was well written, as all are written by his staff not surprised, delivered in typical style for our POTUS also not surprised. For me it carried all the messages I support and made me proud to be an American and energized again to support our country and the republican agenda this November, Thanks DJT.
Laugh all you want at him, I don't think he gives a shit about it, I certainly don't.
bbbbmw2318.00
glennQNYC2462.00