E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Going to Technik tomorrow to get custom bodywork installed!!

04-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #45
///Shaunt
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklimis View Post
HAHA.

Sorry kid but you are not ready to be driving something this powerful. You need experience which takes many years to acquire not to mention the fact that most of it will be learned through mistakes.

When I started riding motorcycles I was told something very wise. "There is only two kinds of riders; those who have fallen and those who will fall," and that is the truth.

The reality is you are going to crash, it's just a matter of how badly.
Hey mklimis,
It is very nice of you to be looking out for me and assuring me that this car is too powerful for me but you are not in the right position to be making the decisions as to who should and shouldn't own a 335. Not to say that you do not know what you are saying, moreso that your presumption that I was young so I automatically cannot handle a car of this "high magnitude" is inappropriate. As I have reiterated in mostly all of my 28 posts, driving performance is gauged on maturity rather than age. It is more than common to find young owners immature compared to others; see the Gruesome E92 crash posts in the front page. I have been recommended by many to join autocross including Porsche Cup champion Ronn Langford, whose daughter was killed in an accident. He has taught me for more than 30 hours on the road on how to avoid accidents and how to handle this car in many different situations. It saddens me to see you automatically group me into the immature age group when you haven't even witnessed me post or do things that describe my character. I wish the best in luck for life to you and hopefully you can wish the same for me.

Shaunt

Last edited by ///Shaunt; 04-30-2007 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: mistake in text
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #46
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
HAHA.

Sorry kid but you are not ready to be driving something this powerful. You need experience which takes many years to acquire not to mention the fact that most of it will be learned through mistakes.

When I started riding motorcycles I was told something very wise. "There is only two kinds of riders; those who have fallen and those who will fall," and that is the truth.

My 1st car was an M3. Never put a single scratch on it. I have however plowed some other cars into shit years later after the M3. Your theory of "fell or will fall" might be somewhat accurate but dosnt prove (obviously) that he will crash this particular car. As a matter of fact, if Shaunt is driving and customizing a 335 at age 15, chances are he will be in a Ferrari, Lambo or a car of equal caliber by about 20. If his current experience or lack there of allegedly impairs his ability to drive a 335 now, the same will apply to a Ferrari in 5 years from now. So, all in all, dosnt make much sense to think that way or even suggest it. If he does, hes young, fuck it. But why would that be something you would say to the kid thats excited about getting some work done on his car? That shit bums me out. Try being optimistic.

Shaunt,
Congrats on the ride and good luck on the mods young armo baller

be safe with it
      04-30-2007, 08:30 PM   #47
BayernMuenchen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
HAHA.

So given your logic, senior citizens should be the best racecar drivers?
      04-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #48
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Man, stop ranting on and on about his age.
All I really care about is the damn car.

Comeon, this guy has 30 post and is trying to get us hyped up
on a freaken expensive ass kit from technik.

We don't even know if hes telling the truth or not so
stop wasting time talking about age and when he posts his car,
then talk all you want.

He does seem like a good kid though, better than //M owns you or w/e the hell he is.
      04-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #49
///Shaunt
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Hey SES_D,

I appreciate you sticking up for me, it is a very noble thing of you to take the time and actually think about the type of person I am instead of stereotyping me like other users have(won't get into names).

The only thing that slightly disturbed me was the comment about the validity of my posts. After some thinking, I could see from your vantage point and understand why one would question the authenticity of all of this.

Through my updates, you guys will definitely find out that this is for real.

Shaunt
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 09:11 PM   #50
///Shaunt
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedbimmer View Post
do you mean //M always_gets_owned?

hey man, you can be 16 or 50, as long as you dont try to race everyone
and drive stupid, you got my respect. were all here for the same reason
(even the guys that care about post counts ) what i find so childish
is this:the guy here obviously is intelligent, we see that from his comments.
the funny part here is that you "adults" are ragging on this youngster and HIS
comments are more mature than than you adults that are picking on him!
Do you know how many adults i see on the road talking on the cell phone?
or how many women i see on my commute to work, doing their make-up in
the mirror while driving? how many elderly folks that drive 30 miles under the
speed limit everywhere they go?
Thank God for bluetooth, huh?

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 09:21 PM   #51
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Shaunt View Post
Hey SES_D,

I appreciate you sticking up for me, it is a very noble thing of you to take the time and actually think about the type of person I am instead of stereotyping me like other users have(won't get into names).

The only thing that slightly disturbed me was the comment about the validity of my posts. After some thinking, I could see from your vantage point and understand why one would question the authenticity of all of this.

Through my updates, you guys will definitely find out that this is for real.

Shaunt
Np man. It's not about how old you are but how you act in regards towards others. How the hell do you have such good vocabulary when your only 15? Damn, must be one smart kid.
      05-01-2007, 12:26 AM   #52
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Shaunt View Post
Hey Schneid,
I apologize for coming off as some spoiled rich kid abusing his parents' money but I feel as though this assumption that you are making is undeniably based on my age rather than my maturity. I know that the lives of Parees Ghassemian, Giacomo Alfieri, and Michael Moniz have been lost due to immaturity and carelessness and that is something that I abhor. The possession of a high performance vehicle is deserving for one who can handle it. I recently had a one on one session with Masterdrive Corporation owner Ronn Langford and he has taught me skills and driving techniques that keep me safe and in control of the car in many danger scenarios. The man, whom lost his daughter due to a drunk driving accident, told me that prior to his lessons, the car was a loaded gun being handed to me from my parents. Now, he said this car deserves me. It is my least intention to sound cocky, arrogant, or immature; I have tried to live my life on the basis of responsibility and maturity and these character traits have taken me to where I am today. It is a shame that you wish harm upon myself and my car but hopefully my actions and words can lead you to think otherwise.

edit: I have only driven in the car with my dad. It is illegal to be driving with anyone under the age of 25 if the driver only has a provisional permit.

Dude im just messin with ya..... I was 16 with a 380hp E46 M3, which is dead. Just be careful, and dont get cocky. We deffinatly dont need any more E92 wrecks that involve the life of an obviously intelligent youngin.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #53
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

hey man,

People will rag on you all the time about your age and don't know your driving history, classes you took and so on. Just ignore the haters and do what you want man. Ive been through this many many times and there will always be negative comments. Enjoy your car man as im enjoying mine....really cant wait to see how your car turns out....
Im 17 lol

g.l with the car
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #54
NaViT
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3/E92 335i

i wish i was rich
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #55
MonacoBimm
Banned
Panama
Rep
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)

All I have to say is that not all young people are bound to crash a high perfomrnace car. Its a stereotype, mostly given by stats, but is not fair to the smaller quantity of resposible young drivers like us. I wish ///Shaunt good luck with his widebody conversion. Sometimes I get mad, when people make judgmental assumptions like this, that all they do is blacken the young driver reputation.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #56
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Any update man? It's been like two days, I think.
      05-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #57
milehigh5000
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BS 328i coupe

Garage List
lemme see some pictures!!
      05-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #58
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

Keep us posted ///Shaunt can't wait to see the results! Stay safe and have fun with the car. If you know of any great driving schools in the Northeast let me know.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #59
///Shaunt
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
Any update man? It's been like two days, I think.
SES_D,

I am 15 years old and I live in Newport Beach. My car is in Marina Del Ray. I don't mean to be rude but I have to focus on my schoolwork and not beg my parents to drive 2 hours up and back to make routine updates during the week. I will post an update on Saturday or Sunday.

Shaunt
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #60
OMMMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' F80 M3 AW/BLK

well its pretty gangster of shaunt to be whippin a 335 at the age of 15, never base a person's driving skill on his age, i just turned 20 and i've had my 330i for about 6 months, not as fast as a 335i, but still fast enough for a person to cause some havock, now i guarantee u that if shaunt were to get in a crash, it would be by someone else's stupidity and lack of driving experience/skill. i don't mean to be cocky and knock on wood, i am one of the safest drivers on the road, i signal and follow rules, sometimes i go a little fast, but who doesn't, but as long as u pay attention, ur good, i was hit by a 40 year old hispanic guy, who didn't know a word of english and he hit me on my way to work, he said he didn't see me and it was 3 o'clock, bright and sunny, it was my green light and he just entered the intersection, thanx to him my 5,000 mile 05' G35 was totaled, around here in woodbridge people drive like total Asses(literally), hitting red lights, swerving, no signal, being on phone and i swear that they are the people who get people in accidents, so lay off the kid, if his parents trust him enough to let him own a 335, well there might be a reason for it, and God forbid if he does get in a accident and its his fault, well thats when he'll be put in a corolla, so good luck to u shaunt, be safe, be smart
      05-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #61
nine4surfah
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Electric Red

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Wow, when I was 15 I thought I was badass owning a Gary Fisher Mt. Bike. Good luck on your project.
      05-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #62
VapoR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupé

hey ///Shaunt, where in marina del rey is the shop. i really want to see how your car is coming. i could even take pics for you. oh and dont let people bother you about being a youngsta. they are just jealous. hell im jealous. At 15 i was driving my mom's old Ford Windstar. That was a horrible 2 years.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #63
///Shaunt
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VapoR View Post
hey ///Shaunt, where in marina del rey is the shop. i really want to see how your car is coming. i could even take pics for you. oh and dont let people bother you about being a youngsta. they are just jealous. hell im jealous. At 15 i was driving my mom's old Ford Windstar. That was a horrible 2 years.
Hey VapoR,

Thank you for your positive support, it really means a ton to me.

If you could take pictures of the car for me, I would extremely appreciate it. The location of the shop is at 13428 Beach Avenue, Marina Del Rey, CA, 90292. It is very generous of you to make such an unselfish offer, I appreciate that.

Shaunt
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 12:20 AM   #64
Not Ur Avg 3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
damn i cant wait for some pics

getting an early start on these forums is wat its all about, we all learn from each other. ive learned a shit load, and actually even taught some ppl random stuff lol. however, i wud have loved to upgraded to a 335, but my pops told me he doesnt want me driving a fast car.... sigh.. here i am with my 325 .... altho im very fortunate and lucky to be drivin this car at my age (18), but damn i wud love some extra horses
gl with ur cars outcome shaunt
      05-02-2007, 12:44 AM   #65
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Ur Avg 3 View Post
damn i cant wait for some pics

getting an early start on these forums is wat its all about, we all learn from each other. ive learned a shit load, and actually even taught some ppl random stuff lol. however, i wud have loved to upgraded to a 335, but my pops told me he doesnt want me driving a fast car.... sigh.. here i am with my 325 .... altho im very fortunate and lucky to be drivin this car at my age (18), but damn i wud love some extra horses
gl with ur cars outcome shaunt
+1 to that. This forum has inspired me to learn more and more about not just a BMW but cars in general for parts to kits. exterior to interior. And yeah, 335i would've been nice, but my dad has also said a 328i would be the most he'll go for his own reason, but hey, i'm 18 too, and that is perfectly fine with me B) lol

It's cool that shaunt is starting with a 335i. I hope to see a full 360 degree photoshoot of your car!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #66
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

Quote:
HAHA.

Depends more on a person. Of course, the chances that a 15 year old will cause accident is higher than 40 year old in general, but not necessary. I know a few very young people who drive really carefully, and bunch of middle age man who drive like there's no tomorrow. But yeah, I can't deny that in extreme situations a 40 year old, due to experience, might be able to avoid the accident, whereas a your driver ends up like those 2 17 year olds that everyone talks about.
What I would suggest is to take classes of extreme driving. That way you would be able to experience and get to know your car to its full potential, that way you might be able to avoid accidents in the future. Better find out what your car is capable of on a track than on the road.
My .02.
Appreciate 0