E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Eonon GA6165F review

05-26-2019, 08:57 AM   #67
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 Saloon 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbyfor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth335 View Post
Do you have a link for the unit?
If you search for ADC Vehicle Services on Facebook you should get info there.

You can certainly get them cheaper straight from Alliexpress but you're on you're own regards fitting and support.

Ebay link

If you phone they'll cut you a better deal.
Over the past 4 years in owning the car, I am going through my third audio makeover and I think I may have found a happy medium. Initially, I took out the original HU and put in a Clarion with the screen flip out. This was a single din and basically kept most of the centre console intact. The only disadvantage is that the unit doesn't sit centre, the fascia is such that the unit looks as though it is to the right or to the left. It gave me all the modern features but just never looked right. I sold that unit and nest went for a pioneer double din CarPlay unit which was double din and the fascia was not bad but still looked ugly. I upgraded all the speakers in the car and also installed an amp. Had that setup in the car for close to two years. I have since gone back to the factory head unit and will be installing an Audison Bit Ten d to integrate the factory HU with better speakers and an amp. Had the HU coded to hifi to take care of the equalisation curve. Just gathered the bits together now for the install so will begin doing so soon. So it all depends what you are looking for. In the end, I simply preferred the factory look and better sound quality over what I previously had.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:45 PM   #68
Hart23
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Anyone have issues with their aircon not working after install? sounds as though the blower is running however nothing is discharging from the vents in the front of the car, only hot air from the back seat. even when AC is on full. thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #69
Hibbyfor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart23 View Post
Anyone have issues with their aircon not working after install? sounds as though the blower is running however nothing is discharging from the vents in the front of the car, only hot air from the back seat. even when AC is on full. thanks in advance!

Try unplugging and replugging the multi plug at the back of the aircon control panel.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 06:39 PM   #70
Ribeirsg
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 320D (M47)

Hi Everyone, I know that this post is already quiet for a while but since you guys are owners of this kind Android Units maybe you can help me.

I recently bought one in AliExpress the delivery for Portugal was great in 3 days I had the Radio here with free shipping so wonderful. However since I installed I had a couple of issue's and I had not being able to use the Radio yet:

Current main Issue - After everything is installed, and you turn on the radio... and you start driving after +/- 5 minutes of usage the Android Canbus Decoder starts beeping and won't stop. You can turn off the radio, turn off the car, remove the car keys and lock the car... but the beep sounds won't stop at all. The only way to stop it is really by unplugging the decoder box and the cables from the android unit.

I used Carly ODB to look for errors while using the android radio, and then I did the same test with the BMW radio.

No problems found while using the BMW built-in system, however, when swapped to the android radio, a "battery module error" comes up on Carly

So the issue is really related to the radio itself, now what I would like to understand is:

- Is this error something common with this kind of Android Radio? Any Workaround?
- Is the issue coming from the Android Can Bus Decoder? Do I need to swap it?
- Do we need to any change on the battery module to make it work?

Help would be really appreciated

Thank you all!
Appreciate 0