E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Questions for e90 Hifi audio

11-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
akhter
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 911 992 C2S

Garage List
Questions for e90 Hifi audio

I have the 10 speaker 180w HiFi audio (676) on my e90. I have somes questions:

1) From I read, there is 25wpc for the fronts and rears (total 100w) and 40wpc each for the two underseats subs. Is this correct?

2) Where are the crossovers for the front speakers and the rear speakers? The tweeters are on the mirror housing so either there is an external crossover if only one set of cables come out of the amps, or its in the amp and two set of cables out of the amps. I ask because if I upgrade to compnent speakers for front and rear can i tap the existing amps and wiring and if so, will i need to use the crossovers that come with the speakers or not?

3) are the rear speakers coax or is the tweeter right next to the mid? its hard to see under the grill.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
I have the 10 speaker 180w HiFi audio (676) on my e90. I have somes questions:

1) From I read, there is 25wpc for the fronts and rears (total 100w) and 40wpc each for the two underseats subs. Is this correct?

2) Where are the crossovers for the front speakers and the rear speakers? The tweeters are on the mirror housing so either there is an external crossover if only one set of cables come out of the amps, or its in the amp and two set of cables out of the amps. I ask because if I upgrade to compnent speakers for front and rear can i tap the existing amps and wiring and if so, will i need to use the crossovers that come with the speakers or not?

3) are the rear speakers coax or is the tweeter right next to the mid? its hard to see under the grill.
1) http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...10&postcount=3

2) According to #1 above, there's a filter in each tweeter housing, i.e., mid drivers and tweeters are connected in parallel. You will need to use whatever crossover unit the aftermarket 2-way components that you want to install comes with.

3) 2-way components, the same as the fronts.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
tedcousens
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
1) http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...10&postcount=3

2) According to #1 above, there's a filter in each tweeter housing, i.e., mid drivers and tweeters are connected in parallel. You will need to use whatever crossover unit the aftermarket 2-way components that you want to install comes with.

3) 2-way components, the same as the fronts.
Do you have any upgrade recommendations? Any experience with BSW RE: speaker replacement - I do not have a lot to spend and I know their componenets are plug and play...

Roi Batty
Appreciate 0