E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E93 boot leak fix with pictures

02-24-2021, 10:03 AM   #45
Saguim
Registered
Rep
Drives: E93

stockport

I have exactly the same issue I have looked everywhere and cannot find were the water is coming from
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 05:51 AM   #46
Rog325i
Rep
Drives: E93 325i

I have the same issue of water in the boot. However, mine has created a pool of water in the battery compartment that might have shorted out my battery! I've done the drain plug under the car and it let out maybe 4-6 litres of water from the battery compartment before water stopped coming out. There is still a pool around the battery though, so I'm not sure why its stopped draining. Any ideas please?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2023, 01:16 PM   #47
Mflynn11
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 and e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockport View Post
Good Day All, I wonder if anyone here can help advise me please. My 2007 e93 is now also suffering the wet boot problem, with water in both the battery and storage compartment (on the opposite side to the battery()

I have tried:

i) opening up the two drains near the rear wheels and pushed a hose up there as per the youtube video, but no water came out and there is no sign of a blockage.

ii) checked the two small drains as per this picture, but no sign of blockage.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...3#post25393023

iii) checked the small drains near the rear light clusters. Water is flowing fine through these and out of the car.

I wonder if there might be a broken seal somewhere around the rear window/boot area. The boot lid is very wet on the inside, in particular on one of the far panels as shown in the photo. I assumed this was condensation from the wet boot, but today it is below freezing and was ice in places.

Can anyone please suggest for me what I ought to check next?

Hi did you get to the bottom of this? My boot seal is wet like yours and it looks like the water is running over the seal when the rain is heavy
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 12:38 PM   #48
rich12885
Rep
Drives: bmw e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mflynn11 View Post
Hi did you get to the bottom of this? My boot seal is wet like yours and it looks like the water is running over the seal when the rain is heavy
when I bought mine last summer, I unblocked all the drains and still had water. I ended up realigning the boot lid and since then I haven't had any water.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 02:18 PM   #49
Mflynn11
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 and e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich12885 View Post
when I bought mine last summer, I unblocked all the drains and still had water. I ended up realigning the boot lid and since then I haven't had any water.
How did you re-align it? Looking to do the same
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 03:46 PM   #50
rich12885
Rep
Drives: bmw e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mflynn11 View Post
How did you re-align it? Looking to do the same
I slackened off the bolts on the bolt lid, had no leaks on the drivers side. So loosened the bolts moved the boot lid slightly and tightened back up until everything lined up. The good old pound coin trick down all the lines will help.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:50 AM   #51
Mak1etee
Rep
Drives: e93 M3 jerez black

Anyone knows the part number for the plastic drain plugs located near the rear wheels on e93 convertible ?
Appreciate 0