E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BMW PUMA case (bank two turbo). Forgot to clear codes.(procede) Should I be Worried?

11-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I

BMW PUMA case (bank two turbo). Forgot to clear codes.(procede) Should I be Worried?

Ok, so I just got new turbos installed under warranty about 10,000 miles ago. I noticed right away the car wasn't accelerating just right, but I couldn't nail it down to a specific problem. A visit to the installing dealer the next day resulted in being told all was OK. Went ahead and put my procede in. A bad turbo whine began within a week. Pulled out the procede before returning to dealer- they have verified the noise is coming from my bank 2 turbo. I forgot to clear codes before taking it to the dealer, and they did mention noticing a throttle position code (install error lol), but didn't notice anything else. They have submitted the problem to BMW. Do I need to worry, or will CANclear save my ass this time? (as far as tuner codes go) I have the msd80 DME- my sig is wrong, car is an 07 335i.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
zerep1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E90, 328i F30, 230i G42,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserN54 View Post
Ok, so I just got new turbos installed under warranty about 10,000 miles ago. I noticed right away the car wasn't accelerating just right, but I couldn't nail it down to a specific problem. A visit to the installing dealer the next day resulted in being told all was OK. Went ahead and put my procede in. A bad turbo whine began within a week. Pulled out the procede before returning to dealer- they have verified the noise is coming from my bank 2 turbo. I forgot to clear codes before taking it to the dealer, and they did mention noticing a throttle position code (install error lol), but didn't notice anything else. They have submitted the problem to BMW. Do I need to worry, or will CANclear save my ass this time? (as far as tuner codes go) I have the msd80 DME- my sig is wrong, car is an 07 335i.
you should be fine msd80 didnt really record much tuner related codes

Irub
Appreciate 0