E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FRM Angel eyes

03-31-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
Ferdi_bimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

FRM Angel eyes

Hi guys, I have a 328i and the previous owner I believe put in aftermarket bulbs for the halo and the wiring is messed up for the headlights but either way the frm shut off power to the halo bulbs.
My question is if I put OEM bulbs back in will the frm eventually turn it back on or will I have to get it coded to turn back on.
I've heard people say they switch back to oem and it comes on by itself but i haven't found anyone with my situation.
Thanks in advance for any advice
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 06:14 PM   #2
Luis561
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdi_bimmer View Post
Hi guys, I have a 328i and the previous owner I believe put in aftermarket bulbs for the halo and the wiring is messed up for the headlights but either way the frm shut off power to the halo bulbs.
My question is if I put OEM bulbs back in will the frm eventually turn it back on or will I have to get it coded to turn back on.
I've heard people say they switch back to oem and it comes on by itself but i haven't found anyone with my situation.
Have you tried pulling out the cover that holds the bulb to check if they're installed correctly? Try ordering some and replacing them, they don't have to be oem bulbs they just have to be good quality
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 12:25 PM   #3
Ferdi_bimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis561 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdi_bimmer View Post
Have you tried pulling out the cover that holds the bulb to check if they're installed correctly? Try ordering some and replacing them, they don't have to be oem bulbs they just have to be good quality
Yeah I tried that all connections are in good condition I tried a tester to check and there is no power going to the wires which led me to the conclusion that the frm shut off power. The bulbs looked good too nothing inside seems blown. I don't mind buying other bulbs I mainly want to know if I have to get it recoded or if it will come on by itself.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

When FRM shuts down the circuit, you need to reset the short circuit counter via Tool32.

If you had the bulb "out" for 50+ ignition cycles, your FRM shut down the circuit.
Appreciate 0