E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Need ramps for E92 fast

04-28-2023, 05:34 PM   #1
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Need ramps for E92 fast

Can anyone recommend some ramps that I might be able to buy in a store tomorrow that I could use with my 335i? I don't know what happened, I was at work and went to leave and went over maybe a 1" bump (where the pavement transitioned from regular to ground down in preparation for repaving) and now my car is making a loud scraping noise whenever I accelerate even slightly. So, I just took a very expensive Lyft ride home because it was raining hard and there's no tools or anything at work.

I really hope I can fix this myself because my Jeep is in the shop with electrical problems and my GTI just got rear ended on Tuesday. I guess I'll have to see if I can get the lights working and taped up tomorrow so I can get around. I hope I don't have to push back the appointment I made for the body shop on Tuesday...

I'm hoping this is just a heat shield that fell down and is hitting the driveshaft and/or an axle shaft, but I don't want to drive it without being able to see what's going on, because I just had the rear diff replaced so of course I'm worried about that coming loose.

Edit: I'm asking for recommendations because the ramps I've had for years, I cannot use with the E92 because the angle is too steep, I guess I need some "low profile" ones. Looking for something in a store rather than ordering for what ought to be obvious reasons...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 08:25 PM   #2
Mseg
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90

I don't know if you can get low profile ramps at a store in a reasonable amount of time, but you could probably make low profile wooden ramps in an afternoon from lumber at a hardware store that they can precut for you. There are tons of videos on YouTube like this one:
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 07:30 AM   #3
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Just take a piece of 2x4 and place them at the low end of the ramps, the bumper will clear the ramp.
      04-30-2023, 05:58 PM   #4
e91Owner
e91Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 & 2010 e60

These work on my e91…

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RhinoGear...acity/19526658
Appreciate 0