E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Lousy first and last experience with FCP Euro - Buyer Beware

02-26-2023, 10:29 AM   #1
ratbstrd
Rep
Drives: BMW e91/e46 t/e24/e28/K1200rs

Lousy first and last experience with FCP Euro - Buyer Beware

Its cheaper and hassle free over at Rock Auto, ECS, Pelican and Turner. If you prefer the run-around and get tempted bythe lifetime warranty as stated on the FCP website and you will wait a lifetime.

It's now over a month that a defective-in-shipping BMW headlight costing over $1000.00 was received by me and returned to FCP Euro, and they still have not issued a credit after I waited for a replacement headlight. They will send numerous emails from different members all apologizing while they "investigate" where the problem lies. But still they did not issue a credit even though the defective unit was returned to them. They will make counter demands if you suggest that resolution with the credit card company is my best resolution. Writing to top brass is a waste of time since he will open the email but does not nothing to aleviate the problem, but have someone else "apologize". Now they write back to saying that they are "disappointed" with my shopping experience - you can imagine that I'm not happy with it either.

You have all the choice in the world including those sources above and Amazon, but you won't get far with FCP when you need them for after sale support. I didn't save any money and has cost me a lot of time and aggrevation.

Buyer Beware
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 11:38 AM   #2
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
Odd, I have found there service to be great. Have you called them, sometimes things get resolved much faster when speaking with a vendor.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 07:34 PM   #3
ratbstrd
Rep
Drives: BMW e91/e46 t/e24/e28/K1200rs

Yes I called them immediately when the headlight assembly was found to be broken. The first response from them was to send it back for them to investigate the problem, and they stated I could send them pictures which I sent them with an hour of the phone call. Later that afternoon they said they had no more assemblies to send out and but that it would be drop shipped to me from their supplier. On friday of the same week I was in New Haven minutes away FCP and dropped the assembly off myself. At the "experience" center I was informed that I could expect the drop shipped unit to me on the following monday. On monday I called and left a vm, then wrote to them and was informed that their supplier was experiencing shipping problems, and that I could expect the assembly by Thursday. Since I dropped off the defective unit with them and the car was disassembled at the body shop, I asked for a refund of the headlight. Since no credit was posted to my account by the next day, I opened a dispute with AMEX on tuesday to let them deal with it.

I informed FCP about their lack of responsiveness and that AMEX was taking over and they stated they will not issue a credit directly to me at this point, but that they will go through their channels with AMEX unless I cancelled the dispute. By cacelling the dispute they assured me by email that the credit would be issued within 48 hours.

I cancelled the dispute as they suggested and 3 days later the credit had still not posted. AMEX assured me that by reopening the dispute could be done and they would pursue FCP themselves. I chose that route, and within 48 hours another email from FCP reminding me that they cannot issue a refund to me directly if the dispute was reopened.

I have had as much on-line purchase experiencess as anyone else, and the back and forthness and unresponsiveness of FCP is very telling to me. FCP acts like the customer has no choice but to turn to them for a purchase, but in reality other vendors are out there, and often at better prices or availabilty, and less BS.

I won't be back.

Last edited by ratbstrd; 02-27-2023 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 02:08 PM   #4
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Sorry you had a bad experience. It seems very rare with FCP, and contrary to my experience and that of many others who purchase regularly from them. Every once in a while you're bound to have issues with any company, but I've probably placed 60+ orders from them over the years and I've literally not had even one issue. I've had occasional issues with RockAuto, constant issues with ECS, etc. but I continue to buy from FCP.

I manage an e commerce company for a living and it makes perfect sense why they stood their ground when they had a chargeback coming. They can't control the decision from Amex so if they refund you, Amex would still close in your favor and now they've refunded you twice for an issue that was out of their control. Also, refunds take some time to clear. It's very common for customers to ask "you took my money right away when I ordered, why can't you refund it immediately?" but it doesn't work that way. While it takes your money when you order, it doesn't clear into FCP's account until a day or two later, at least (depending on how their card processors are set up with their bank and the policies of the companies they use to handle these funds). The same goes for refunds. They could refund you but it won't show in your bank until a few days later--they can still cancel this in the meantime, which is likely what happened as you reopened the dispute.

Last edited by whyzee125; 03-01-2023 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 02:45 PM   #5
Runnin'Rich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009MY E91 328Xi 6MT

I think you should have had a bit more patience before doing a charge back.

You think FCP is slow to respond, you have no idea how slow the communication is between Amex and FCP’s card processing company.

Cancelling a chargeback has now turned this into a total mess and you’ll have to wait weeks for all parties to double check everything and agree.

I have had a blower motor delivered with a cosmetic damage. FCP sent a replacement out next day. FCP is a great company.
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251662.00
      12-23-2023, 06:54 PM   #6
335xs2dinan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi, 22 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin'Rich View Post
I think you should have had a bit more patience before doing a charge back.

You think FCP is slow to respond, you have no idea how slow the communication is between Amex and FCP’s card processing company.

Cancelling a chargeback has now turned this into a total mess and you’ll have to wait weeks for all parties to double check everything and agree.

I have had a blower motor delivered with a cosmetic damage. FCP sent a replacement out next day. FCP is a great company.
I agree, have not had an issue with them replacing any parts I had an issue with
      12-27-2023, 11:58 AM   #7
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

That sucks and it's definitely not an acceptable outcome.

Amazon however is so much worse and I really hope people don't use them instead. They are probably the worst U.S. based company and the king and pioneer of passing you along, lying to you and hoping you become too exhausted to seek resolution. F them.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 12:07 PM   #8
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Sucks for the service you get. I had good service for issues, like I had a Rein hose that didn't fit on the quick connect and they refunded me fully without having to return it since I told them I live in Canada.

Maybe since this is a more expensive item they want to make sure but I understand to you waited for quite some time. But I do agree you did the chargeback pretty quickly after asking for refund, I would have waited a good 5 days at least. And then the chargeback probably tied their hands.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 08:02 PM   #9
cmbe92guy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i xdrive

Garage List
Seems like this all happened within
a couple days. If this is the case, I would give it some more time. Ordered from FCP 100s of times and never had a problem. Chargebacks should really be the last resort.
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251662.00