E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > Vishnu Procede in Australia

02-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #133
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Sorry another silly question, Why is the Vishnu Procede better than say the JB performance tuner which is half the price.

(Genuine novice question)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #134
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
Sorry another silly question, Why is the Vishnu Procede better than say the JB performance tuner which is half the price.

(Genuine novice question)
Hi Mate,

The Procede does everything that the JB product does with all the addons you can get for the JB product plus more straight out of the box. This means it does the following things that require an addon (at extra cost) with the JB product:

* CPS offsetting... essentially ignition control. The JB product in base form does no ignition timing tuning... just fuel and boost control.

* Roadspeed delimitting. With the Procede you can go over 250 out of the box.

In addition the Procede has many more additional inputs and outputs so can support future additions without hardware changes. For instance, we support PWM meth (best meth system available), and flat shift, launch control and other future features out of the box with the system available now.

Finally, I am the designer of the Procede, and there is a big difference in the quality of the hardware. If an electrical engineer were to look at both, they would conclude that the JB had hardware at a hobbyist level (basic circuits in plastic box), and the Procede hardware is of a professional engineering level (metal shielded enclosure with quality power supply and filtering circuits). The difference in hardware results in increased cost to manufacture the Procede.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #135
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Adrian, you forgot to mention, Vishnu have always been market leaders. Timing control and autotune were big developments back in the day
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #136
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks Adrian, as mentioned I know little about engine performance upgrades etc, but I love my BM (MY09 335i) and I love a bit of grunt.

Your price includes installation? Is there anything else I would need to do in the short term, such as to the cooling system? or can I just have the Procede installed until I save my bikkies for more upgrades
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #137
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Thanks Adrian, as mentioned I know little about engine performance upgrades etc, but I love my BM (MY09 335i) and I love a bit of grunt.

Your price includes installation? Is there anything else I would need to do in the short term, such as to the cooling system? or can I just have the Procede installed until I save my bikkies for more upgrades
He is in Sydney FYI
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #138
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:

Hi Mate,

My price includes installation or delivery if I cannot do the install. As you are in Melbourne, I highly recommend you contact Andrew from SouthernBM. He is my local dealer down there, and should offer a similar arrangement to myself.

There is no need for any other mods to use the Procede. We adjust the settings of the Procede for mods from standard to FBO (full bolt on). If you are planning to use your car at a race track, cooling system upgrades are worthwhile. If your car is road driven only, keep saving for more mods!!

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #139
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Hi Mate,

My price includes installation or delivery if I cannot do the install. As you are in Melbourne, I highly recommend you contact Andrew from SouthernBM. He is my local dealer down there, and should offer a similar arrangement to myself.

There is no need for any other mods to use the Procede. We adjust the settings of the Procede for mods from standard to FBO (full bolt on). If you are planning to use your car at a race track, cooling system upgrades are worthwhile. If your car is road driven only, keep saving for more mods!!

Cheers,

Adrian

Thank you for the info, and, no my car won't be going on a racetrack

I will save some money and contact southernBM
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #140
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Adrian, bumping an old thread as you have PM's turned off. Can you shoot me your contact details in a PM as potentially looking to buy a PROcede
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 07:28 PM   #141
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
Adrian, bumping an old thread as you have PM's turned off. Can you shoot me your contact details in a PM as potentially looking to buy a PROcede
Hey Michael!

I'm not sure that Procede's are actually being sold anymore?

@Froop do you know?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #142
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Hmmmm, I don't know for sure. I'd only assume that they are still being sold, just not pushed like they used to be.

I bought mine from Vishnu in the states directly. I'm sure you'd be able to find a cheap cheap cheap second hand one lol.

Just make sure it's a Rev 3. You'll know because it has a USB-A port in the housing.
      09-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #143
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep

Just got an email back from vishnu and they state that the procede is not supported on my car 2013 09/13 DCT 135i. BMS has got back to me and said I need to use the F Series JB4 on my E series. Need to do a bit more research as it does not appear to be straight forward
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #144
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep

quick update to correct my above statement.

Since my model has the pneumatic waste gate the supported BMS unit is the "E Series N55 JB4" and not the F series unit they first thought.

I spoke with Procede and they do believe it will work. I need to check a few part numbers. Anyway never got a reply from Adrian. Anyone know how I can get in contact with him to see if he has any RHD versions lying around?

Reference picture from another car of pneumatic wastegate

Appreciate 0