E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Moron's at the Gym..

04-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #23
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

I always love it when fat hairy guys walk around the locker room naked, decide to brush their teeth, shave their beard and comb their hair with no sense of wanting to get dressed.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #24
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
uhh when it comes to working out what i commonly hear is "that's not a true rep" or whatever...

like when i bench i don't hit my chest because if I do, it'll strain my rotator cuff, but most people don't know that so they assume i'm just weaksaus. and then, they wonder why i'm trying to rep like 265 and not touching my chest like a true rep would be...*shrugs*

i don't care what other people do in the gym. if they don't know what they're doing, they can ask. if your too busy staring at other people workout, then your not working hard enough.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #25
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
uhh when it comes to working out what i commonly hear is "that's not a true rep" or whatever...

like when i bench i don't hit my chest because if I do, it'll strain my rotator cuff, but most people don't know that so they assume i'm just weaksaus. and then, they wonder why i'm trying to rep like 265 and not touching my chest like a true rep would be...*shrugs*

i don't care what other people do in the gym. if they don't know what they're doing, they can ask. if your too busy staring at other people workout, then your not working hard enough.
I stare at people when their on a machine I need and they don't know wtf their doing! Just wasting time

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #26
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
I stare at people when their on a machine I need and they don't know wtf their doing! Just wasting time
haha whats annoying is when there's not alot of people, but the people there are using what you need... be it a certain type of bench/seat or weight.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #27
drift90
1st gear newbie
Canada
Rep
Drives: Its rather sexy

One thing that realllyy really pisses me of about the gym, and the dumb 16 year olds who go inside the gym... (im 16 also, but I take my fitness rather seriously, so I am in the gym for 45 min flat.. no bull shit) So 2 days out of the 4 that i go to the gym, i like to dedicate to plyometrics and cardo... The thing about phyometrics is that it can look really fucked up sometimes.. so I am doing what i have to do. and these dumbass kids, i am watching threw the corner of my eye, and hoping all over the gym, with there muscle shirts and homo hair.. i also listen.. they are like.. * Yoo, lets do this, yoo lets do that* not only that, they are very loud and you want to fucking shoot them.... Thursday, i was at the gym, and this kid comes up to me, asking what im doing, i tell them, and explain what its for.. first thing he says to me * does it get you big?*.. at that moment I wanted to cut him... useless rant, but I hate egotistic kids who think they are big.. if you know what you are doing come talk to me, other wise shut up.. i work out with my girlfriend.. she does the same thing with me.. and she also hates what she sees..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #28
cagekicker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 crimson red 135i

that's why i work out at home.
      04-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #29
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
My favorite is the 99lb guy built like a pencil who wears this massive, thick leather lifting belt so he looks like a pencil with a roll of tape around the middle. Then he just stands around for an hour talking to his dipshit buddies and never actually works out.
total fail haha
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #30
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
I always love it when fat hairy guys walk around the locker room naked, decide to brush their teeth, shave their beard and comb their hair with no sense of wanting to get dressed.
I LOL'd for real at this, who the hell brushes their teeth and shaves at the gym?
      04-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #31
ben14142001
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
I LOL'd for real at this, who the hell brushes their teeth and shaves at the gym?
Only the largest and hairiest of all men, who wander around the locker room whimsically, conveniently forgetting that they are pantless searching for the right kind of shaving lotion. That's why I always get a locker in the front.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #32
chinoxs203
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi AW

Quote:
i have turned the corner to enter the locker room to be greeted by a dude blow drying his balls! wtf dude seriously? I also see another guy plucking his gray hairs from his chest . again you serious?

FOR SALE:
Dropbox - please
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #33
Draven
C7Z - Darkside
Rep
Drives: '18 Z06 M7

I go to a small gym in the basement of my work. I go there because it's free, and I understand that because it's free and small, the 10 people that are there all have to share. But it gets obnoxious when you have some guys who sit there talking the whole time to coworkers and gets in the way and I can't just tell them off because I work with them.

The good thing though is all the regulars know eachother and our routines so we try to alternate or do set-ins so we can all get our workouts done quickly. That or I flirt with one of the cute nurses and kill the hour after 1st shift gets out so it might be me and one person in there. Haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #34
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
Tuck your elbows when benching; hit lower on the chest. It takes a lot of the shoulder rotation of out the movement.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #35
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
While I was at the gym the other night, there was a guy who spent 20 minutes cleaning the sleds on one of the elliptical machines before using it. I was WTF?!? Just do your workout already. It pissed me off because it was 1am, the gym was completely empty, and of the 20 machines available he chose the one right next to the one I was using.
I'm replying to my post because I can improve upon it. Recently, I found another loony tune in my gym. There is a woman who also cleans the sleds on the elliptical machine for 20 minutes, but she has added eccentricities, so here's her regimen.

1. Arrive at front desk at gym wearing headband, tee shirt, and biker shorts, covered by a trench coat. Pick up six towels. Yes, it must be six. Five is too few, and seven is too many.

2. Go to woman's locker room, place coat in locker.

3. Go up stairs, go to front row of cardio equipment, and place six towels on the first elliptical machine. Only the first elliptical machine can be used. If that machine is occupied, she will not work out as far as I know. The six towels are to be arranged by placing three on each handrail. The towels must be arranged in the 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11 o'clock positions respectively. Other towel positions are unacceptable.

4. Go to sanitary towelette dispenser and procure copious towelettes.

5. Vigorously scrub tracks, pedals, and all surfaces commonly touched by hand on elliptical machine for 20 minutes.

6. Work out by pedaling furiously while hunched over for about one hour on level 1.

I've never seen her post workout regimen so I can't speak to it, but this woman is anorexic looking and completely bat shit nuts. She never does anything else, never uses any other equipment, any other machine, any other number of towels, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #36
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

dying

FIVE ARE INSUFFICIENT

SEVEN AM TOO MANY
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #37
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

that is so true. My theory is when men get to that age, they really dont give an F anymore. They usually walk around naked (with their fat hairy body) talking to their buddies or shaving. I once saw an old dude (naked and hairy of course) blowdrying his hair in front of the lockerroom mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben14142001 View Post
Only the largest and hairiest of all men, who wander around the locker room whimsically, conveniently forgetting that they are pantless searching for the right kind of shaving lotion. That's why I always get a locker in the front.
      05-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #38
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

there's an anorexic woman at my gym and she does cardio all the time and that's all she does

Quote:
I'm replying to my post because I can improve upon it. Recently, I found another loony tune in my gym. There is a woman who also cleans the sleds on the elliptical machine for 20 minutes, but she has added eccentricities, so here's her regimen.

1. Arrive at front desk at gym wearing headband, tee shirt, and biker shorts, covered by a trench coat. Pick up six towels. Yes, it must be six. Five is too few, and seven is too many.

2. Go to woman's locker room, place coat in locker.

3. Go up stairs, go to front row of cardio equipment, and place six towels on the first elliptical machine. Only the first elliptical machine can be used. If that machine is occupied, she will not work out as far as I know. The six towels are to be arranged by placing three on each handrail. The towels must be arranged in the 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11 o'clock positions respectively. Other towel positions are unacceptable.

4. Go to sanitary towelette dispenser and procure copious towelettes.

5. Vigorously scrub tracks, pedals, and all surfaces commonly touched by hand on elliptical machine for 20 minutes.

6. Work out by pedaling furiously while hunched over for about one hour on level 1.

I've never seen her post workout regimen so I can't speak to it, but this woman is anorexic looking and completely bat shit nuts. She never does anything else, never uses any other equipment, any other machine, any other number of towels, etc.
      05-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #39
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
One time at the gym I used to go to, there was this one hispanic guy that was a regular and he was one of those "badass" wannabes that would make a lot of noise lifting weights. I guess he didn't realize he looked like a douchebag with his MC Hammer pants and cutoff tshirt along with a bandana. Anyways, he would always bring chalk powder for grip and it would get everywhere including his shirt and pants. My friend and I would always laugh b/c it looked like he had cocain all over him. haha

Another time I saw this one guy on the incline bench with 45s on both side and he seemed a little too small to be able to lift that amount of weight. I was doing some tricep exercise on the machine and I just watched as he lifted up the bar and bring it down. As he was trying to lift it up I saw him pause and then the bar started to tip to one side and I just watched as one of the 45lb plate start to slide off. For some reason I was just staring. I know I should have run over there to spot him but for some reason I was too mesmorized or soemthing. I saw the plate slide off, crash to the floor, then the other plate slid off making a huge sound. Everyone at the gym turned around to see what happened. I felt bad for the guy b/c it must have been very embarrasing. He came back the next day on the same machine but with less weight.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #40
335_i
SpOoLiN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' e90 335i

saw a guy in the gym taking 10lb dumbbells and cycling them with his arms in front of him....weirdest exercise I have seen someone perform to date...it looked like his upper body was morphing into different shapes....

*ALSO when finished with weights...PLEASE RACK THEM!..i hat the tools that stack on so much weight on a bench, squat, whatever....do 2 reps and then leave the weight for someone else to rack....
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #41
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335_i View Post
saw a guy in the gym taking 10lb dumbbells and cycling them with his arms in front of him....weirdest exercise I have seen someone perform to date...it looked like his upper body was morphing into different shapes....

*ALSO when finished with weights...PLEASE RACK THEM!..i hat the tools that stack on so much weight on a bench, squat, whatever....do 2 reps and then leave the weight for someone else to rack....
What do you mean cycling?

It sounds like what you saw is called hammer curls. There are two alternate versions of them.

I hate people who do rows or anything directly in front of the free weights. And the guys who like to push their advice on you. Don't tell me doing wrist curls isn't doing anything for me, nor that the weight I'm using is too much for me. If I've seen results you wouldn't know about that because you're not me!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #42
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
THIS IS THE WORST. walk around the corner and see a 80 year old ass that looks like a 20 year old leather sofa. and they just stand there and walk around and dry off really slow im sitting there like WTF!
      06-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #43
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

i guess I am the lucky one but my gym is relatively new and most of the people there are really chill...girls are pretty too. plenty of dudes willing to help spot you even if you don't ask...and no waiting for machines or seeing naked hairy fat men in the locker room either. i love it.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #44
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
You should of just deliberately stopped your work out, gotten off, and moved down 1 or 2 machines.

Just to bat the point home.
Quote:
While I was at the gym the other night, there was a guy who spent 20 minutes cleaning the sleds on one of the elliptical machines before using it. I was WTF?!? Just do your workout already. It pissed me off because it was 1am, the gym was completely empty, and of the 20 machines available he chose the one right next to the one I was using.
so radix and anmcguire are the same user? how could that be