E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > MAD and need a solution

02-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #23
SCTexas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 AW 328

Not to sound trite, but their are a lot of other things that we should focus our energy on versus a ketchup stain that will probably come out with any common cleaning solution in the local grocery store.

Relax a little, kids make mistakes as do adults...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #24
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
+1000 on the "chill out, it's just a carpet and he's just a kid" responses. I'm sure your wife and son feel horrible about it. Take a deep breath and be thankful it's just on a carpet that's easy to clean, and not in some crevices in the dash or something.

To those advocating violence against the kid as a means of discipline -- no doubt you don't have children. Hitting them doesn't work.

Try Googling. "Ketchup on carpet" brought up some good suggestions for cleaning. If those don't work, I've found that carpet cleaner gets out all kinds of crap. Pro detailers use steam vacs. I'm sure that would work, if there's a detailer near you. As a last resort, you can buy new mats before you return the car. They aren't expensive.
      02-08-2008, 04:21 AM   #25
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

"Paging Dr. Phil, please chime in on this post. . ."
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 05:10 AM   #26
npb
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BS 335i

chemical guys lightning fast stain remover. gets everything out. can't treat a nice car with respect? privileges lost
      02-08-2008, 05:43 AM   #27
madman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Above

BMWMC I have to say I'm with you.

I have a dark interior but even I be careful when I eat in the car and I certainly wouldn't let a kid eat in the car.

At the end of the day, there is no need to eat in the car. Pull up and eat somewhere or eat before you get in the car.

I,m from thre UK so I don't know if you can get hold of this, but I use 'Vanish Oxi Action Carpet & Upholstery Stain Remover'

http://www.vanish.co.uk/vanish_carpet.shtml#spot

If you can get hold of it, this stuff is SERIOUSLY magic.

A while ago I was walking into my dining room with 2 plates of spaghetti bolognese. As I went to put one of the plates on the table, the slippery speghetti slid straight from the plate covering a three square foot area of my CREAM carpet in bolegnese.

After rinsing my burning hand in cold water I blasted the area several times with Vanish. It took a while but I got EVERY single drop up without any hard scrubbing and with no damage to the carpet.

Give this stuff a try. I pretty much guarentee it will remove the stain.

They also do a Pre Wash spray too.

I had red wine spilt down a white shirt. It was on all night and then sat in the laundry all night. The following morning (well after the stain had fully dried) I spraid some Vanish Pre Wash onto it and without even rubbing or rinsing Vanish had removed the stain completely.

Give it a go. - But don't be aggrevated with your kid....Bitch slap the crap outta your wife for not obeying your every order. - In fact. make her spend the weekend gently licking the stain out of the carpet. Then make her lick clean your entire car, Including the tailpipe!.....that should teach her!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #28
doobie
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 07 e90/335i

armorall - multi purpose auto cleaner and a brush should do the trick, i got out a thick black grease spot with it. my interior is beige.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 07:44 AM   #29
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMC View Post
Thanks for your suggestions guys. Im not mad really, just aggravated. if it have been in my car with black carpet .. not a problem, but of course its very noticeable on this interior and know my vehicle rep will spot it out when checking the car at turn-in. Im off tomorrow and gona try some of your suggestions!
The longer you wait, the harder it is to remove the stain. So get on it asap.

Loosing it on your wife and kid is another problem that only an expert can help

GL with eveything.
      02-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #30
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
I just know that the company is very strict on stuff like this, but its chance you take when gettin the cars.
These are BMW company cars...when I was down @ the Performance Center there were loads of BMW company cars all smacked up and waiting for repair. The users beat them up because they know they're company cars, so I wouldn't get too bent out of shape because of a little ketchup stain. If the stain won't come out and they notice it when you turn it in, tell them that you saw someone get shot and rushed them to the hospital and it must be a blood stain.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #31
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznshrek88 View Post
I USED to have the same situation with my ex....she got really testy sometimes...I had this HUGE fucking mascara black on the top of my roof
Is the reason she's your ex, the way that mascara got on the roof???...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #32
Tommy420
peace.love.health.happine ss
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 Montego/Blk lthr

You need to slap some sense into that wife of yours...ok ok, that's just a joke, hope you don't take it personally

There's gotta be a way that it comes out. I understand your anger and frustration, and trust me, I'd get angry to, but in the bigger realm of things, it's really not that big of a deal. Just wake up everyday looking at your child's face and be thankful for your family. That's important in a world filled with so much evil.

For pics of my ride, go to www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108628
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #33
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
My wife has a 335i sedan - artic/gray leather. I have told her numerous times that i dont like our 5 year old son eating "messy" stuff in the car, especailly when we have "light" interior colors and "light" carpet. I dont really stress it in my cars, cause i always seem to get dark interior with dark carpet. Get home today and she says - your gonna be mad, but we gotta problem with the car. I figured it was a technical issue...NOPE...i go to find KETCHUP stains in the GRAY CARPET!!!!!! I lost it before i knew it, because i have told her about him eating "crap" like that in the car. She said he didnt mean to drop it, i said yea im sure he didn't but the stain is still there. I have tried many things to get it out and the sad thing is that it aint MOVING!!! Its pretty much vacationing there for a while.

Do you guys know of anything that will help move the stain? Since it being a stain, it may be no hope. Then which i will get charged for it when i turn the vehicle in! DAMMMMMMMMMNIT!
Dood.... It's freaking carpet and it's just a freaking car... Seriously...

I agree that Jr. shouldn't be eating in the car probably but kids are kids, buy some all weather floormats, apply Scotch Guard, or have the stain professionally treated. If you can afford the car you can afford a stain it's no big deal.

Move on. No point in Making the wife or kid feel like crap, freaking out on em' doesn't help anybody. Spend a few bucks and just get it handled.
      02-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #34
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscottiGelato View Post
I think he's mad cuz he already stressed the point multiple times. How mad would you be if you wife and kid thinks as if you are an idiot and play ignorant on stuff that you say?

u really ought to show them whose the boss around there.... not only that, need to enforce some discipline before your kid gets older and oh.... do other nastier stuff that wont' be as simple as a messed up carpet.

YEAH, Show that Bitch that YOU are the Boss!!!

Holy crap, freaking cavemen in BC... I am certain Biscotti, that you should probably not be giving anyone relationship/conflict advice. While You may be concerned about folks thinking you're an idiot (I'd be concerned if I were you), and that those around you "play ignorant on the stuff that you say?" It's not something that most folks should consider or be worried about in a relationship, you need help dude.

Quote:
u really ought to show them whose the boss around there
Holy Crap I hope you are kidding... I promise you this, if you EVER feel the need to "show them whose the boss around there" you are NOT the boss. Guaranteed! You are being made fun of behind your back most likely, and those around you are looking for a way to leave... This isn't Feudal China or Dark Age Europe...

But I'm pretty sure you're being funny...
      02-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #35
roburado
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Passat, '09 Cayman S

Garage List
1991 318is  [0.00]
You can try some of the Eimann Fabrik products.http://www.properautocare.com/cf-s32.html

This looks good too.
http://www.properautocare.com/meskitspotst.html

I'm not going to agree with the "kids will be kids" thinking. My father's rule was no eating or drinking in the car. He followed that rule himself. So, did anyone else who rode in any of our cars. I've broken that rule in my own cars, but not in any of our family cars while I was growing up. As a kid, I just grew up thinking that eating and drinking in the car just weren't done. So, it's definitely possible to have kids who don't eat or drink in the car. I think I'm going to institute the same rule when I have kids. I just hope the mother of my children will be on the same page as I.

Family History: Two E21 320i, One E28 535is, One E34 535i, One E34 540i
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #36
BMWMC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 528i Sedan and X5 4.8i SAV

Thanks for you help guys. I decided to take it to a detailer in town today and he kept the car all afternoon and tried to steam it out and some other stuff. Its looks better, but is still noticeable.

It wouldnt have been bad at all but the floor mats werent even in the floor of the car, still in the trunk cause we got the new car last week.

Anyways, i will still prolly get charged for it when i turn it in.

I really wasnt pissed at my wife and kid just aggravated! Nevertheless, it happens and wont happen again .. atleast not in a car with light interior. LOL
Personal--> '09 Nissan Maxima 3.5SV - Winter Frost / Charcoal
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #37
Ryan335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Why don't you just buy new floormats? I get new ones every year cuz they get ratty....
      02-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #38
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan335 View Post
Why don't you just buy new floormats? I get new ones every year cuz they get ratty....
this is a perfect smilie for you...
      02-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #39
scpage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

FOLEX, get some. Test for colorfastness first. This stuff has worked wonders for me in vehicles and the house. Removes wine stains, latex paint and anything else I've spilled. Massage it in with your fingers, pat with damp cloth. Pat dry with clean towel.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #40
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Not to familiar on how to remove stains, but I recommend getting a set of all-weather floor mats if you ever get it off to prevent more spillage.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #41
calleballe
ExPAt
Rep
Drives: E90

Read Maslows pyramid of needs!
1) Your kid needs to eat (and kids do drop things, its a normal part of development) 2) Your self-fulfillment need (having a mint condition car) on top of the pyramid doesn't exceed your kids need to feed. In todays life, sometimes eating in the car is a necessity 3) Get a car you don't care about if it gets stained (that is sth you can afford without worrying about your kids normal behaviour) Learn to CHILL!!! Its your son!!

Current cars
BMW 328i (to become sth else)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #42
calleballe
ExPAt
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Thanks for you help guys. I decided to take it to a detailer in town today and he kept the car all afternoon and tried to steam it out and some other stuff. Its looks better, but is still noticeable.

It wouldnt have been bad at all but the floor mats werent even in the floor of the car, still in the trunk cause we got the new car last week.

Anyways, i will still prolly get charged for it when i turn it in.

I really wasnt pissed at my wife and kid just aggravated! Nevertheless, it happens and wont happen again .. atleast not in a car with light interior. LOL
LOL?? Sounds like you have a great time together. Yes, it will likely happen again unless your son turns like 15 today. Ice-cream season is soon here...blueberry, chocolate etc. And then, once your son gets old enough to stopp spilling things, he'll have his own DL and ding, crash and wreck your cars. Isn't life and kids just great so say?

Current cars
BMW 328i (to become sth else)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #43
BMWMC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 528i Sedan and X5 4.8i SAV

Haha ... i have the all weather floor mats.. they just werent in the car. Still in the trunk!
Personal--> '09 Nissan Maxima 3.5SV - Winter Frost / Charcoal
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:13 PM   #44
demosthenes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i 6MT

Garage List
2008 328i sedan  [0.00]
I think the OP has a legitimate gripe.

If you let a kid eat in a car, stuff will land on the carpets and seats! It's predictable. So it makes no sense to buy an expensive car with gray leather and gray carpets and let a kid eat in the car. It's irresponsible. Over many years, the end result will be a trashed car. Can't the kid wait a few minutes until she reached her destination? Can't the kid eat at the restaurant where the food was purchased?

If you want to let kids eat in your car, buy some POS minivan, not a well engineered masterpiece!
Appreciate 0