E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > I need help selecting which Duke Dynamics finned diffuser to buy

02-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

I need help selecting which Duke Dynamics finned diffuser to buy

Contrary to what i originally thought, there isn't much of a selection for e92 diffusers. There is either the bmw performance version (w or w/o cf), duke dynamics, or the stock m-tech with cf variations of it.

I was set on the JL Motoring cf performance diffuser until i saw a thread about how poor the fitment was. So, now I am looking at duke dynamics.

The fin design in the quad cf is perfect (http://www.dukedynamics.com/products...8cm_Remus3.jpg)

only problem is that i have a bastuck exhaust and cannot use it even if i do a quad tip conversion (diff size spacing between outlets 58cm vs 62cm). There is a bastuck version, but I'm unsure if the fin design is the same (http://www.dukedynamics.com/products/e92_bastuck/).

What do you guys think? Are they different? I e-mailed DD and they seem to have implied they were the same, but the photos tell me otherwise. The regular quad diffuser seems to angle inward more, displaying more fin, giving the bumper a sleeker thinner (and wider) design.

Ideally, i wanted to stick with a regular dual exhaust setup, but the tiny fin design for that looks pretty uninspiring (http://www.bimmerkit.com/media/catal.../d/i/diff2.jpg).
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
paulkim510
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Garage List
2007 E92  [0.00]
Agreed, the fin design in the quad does look better, maybe it's just the picture tho?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 04:10 AM   #3
satin_m2c
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkim510 View Post
Agreed, the fin design in the quad does look better, maybe it's just the picture tho?
+1 on this thread...i had the same questions when i was looking for a diffuser, still trying to figure out what to go with between these two options...he is right though, it could be just the picture, and if DD is telling you they should be the same then maybe...i still think the bastuck one looks nice though...good luck

keep an eye out for irq5's thread...i think he is onto his first production piece of the e90 performance diffuser then he is going quad e90 -> e92 dual -> e92 quad all in CF if this first test goes well. I think that will be our best option in terms of m-tech diffuser for quad exhausts.

Instagram: satin_m2c
Appreciate 0