E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Stratstone service

05-04-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Stratstone service

So my brother takes his E60 M5 to stratstone for a service and this is what he gets back...

Previously he had them do the brakes. Discs and pads. On that occasion a disc was chipped. They initially denied all knowledge. After writing a review on trustpilot they then said theyd reviewed cctv footage and identified a technician dropping it. Took weeks of back and forth bullshit. Finally they replaced it.

What kind of people are they employing?
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Denying it ever happened without proper investigation is unforgivable IMO

I usually take a video in the dealer car park before handing the keys. One time my car returned without the plastic cover over the engine, credit to them they must have actually checked the CCTV and confirmed it was on when it came in.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #3
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
I rang stratstone to enquire about a car they had for sale. Was so unimpressed by their telephone manner I said "you know what I'm not going to bother" and slammed the phone down. So glad I did after seeing this.
      10-21-2018, 08:50 AM   #4
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Stratstone are definitely not the best! But in any case, always good if possible to go round the vehicle with a service advisor and noting any damage before handing the car over.

And as said above, definitely take photos!

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
IsaiasScott
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Thats the good service
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 10:17 AM   #6
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

I have never turned a vehicle in for service and not had the SA go around the car to document any current damage.
      12-05-2018, 07:24 AM   #7
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENT-A-GOAT View Post
I rang stratstone to enquire about a car they had for sale. Was so unimpressed by their telephone manner I said "you know what I'm not going to bother" and slammed the phone down. So glad I did after seeing this.
Yeah I booked in a test drive of an M3 during a lunch break. Got there. Was left 20 mins waiting so I left. They contacted me later to ask if I'd still like to see it. I said no thanks. No longer interested.

The supervisor then contacts me to ask if there was anything wrong and if I'd like to come in again. Again I said. No thanks. They had their chance. They blew it.
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 1