E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LUX H8 Angel Eye Pictures

03-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
TwinTurboXI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Hey guys,

Wanted to post a few pictures of my LUX angels... There are a few angels, climates and sunlight etc.

I've had them for over a year now. They are holding up great and still one of my favorite mods.
Attached Images

Last edited by TwinTurboXI; 03-20-2011 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboXI View Post
Hey guys,

Wanted to post a few pictures of my LUX angels... There are a few angels, climates and sunlight etc.

I've had them for over a year now. They are holding up great and still one of my favorite mods.
Nice pictures, the snow adds an awesome effect to the last one. I wanted to post mainly to point out the distortion that a lot of people say doesn't exist from far away. Yes, the LUX eyes are the best plug and play solution for angel eyes. However, you can't lie to people about the distortion. There is CLEARLY distortion.

Check out the distortion in the:

First picture: driver side outer ring
Second picture: passenger side outer ring
Fourth picture: do I even have to point it out?

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

The distortion just comes from the different angles you are viewing it from. Not really the fault of the LUX led's, but the deasign of the headlights.

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpphreakx06 View Post
The distortion just comes from the different angles you are viewing it from. Not really the fault of the LUX led's, but the deasign of the headlights.
I agree 100%. I'm just trying to improve awareness of the fact that there is distortion. Half the people on this forum seem to think there is none from 15 feet away or more.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
ibeclueless
What
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

looks nice, had mines for 2 years now and they are still good

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
Nice pictures, the snow adds an awesome effect to the last one. I wanted to post mainly to point out the distortion that a lot of people say doesn't exist from far away. Yes, the LUX eyes are the best plug and play solution for angel eyes. However, you can't lie to people about the distortion. There is CLEARLY distortion.

I know that you have made this point many times before, but i dont understand why you continue to bring this up. NO Matter What Angel eye bulb you have, whether it is the Stock, GP Thunders, AIB, RD, City Vision, HID, Bellof, PIAA, or LUX, they all have the EXACT same distortion. It has absolutely nothing to do with the LUX, it is simply the design of the headlight. There has to be over 1000 separate posts about this topic already, there is no need to beat a dead horse.

There is nothing that can be done about the physical design of the headlight that BMW Created for our cars, so why bother to continue to complain about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
I know that you have made this point many times before, but i dont understand why you continue to bring this up. NO Matter What Angel eye bulb you have, whether it is the Stock, GP Thunders, AIB, RD, City Vision, HID, Bellof, PIAA, or LUX, they all have the EXACT same distortion. It has absolutely nothing to do with the LUX, it is simply the design of the headlight. There has to be over 1000 separate posts about this topic already, there is no need to beat a dead horse.

There is nothing that can be done about the physical design of the headlight that BMW Created for our cars, so why bother to continue to complain about it.
I always make sure to say that it is not LUX's fault, but the fault of the headlight design. Also, it's not really a dead horse if many people still think there is no distortion from 15 feet away or more.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #8
gaifaun
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335i LCI

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
I agree 100%. I'm just trying to improve awareness of the fact that there is distortion. Half the people on this forum seem to think there is none from 15 feet away or more.
you don't have to point it out because people know for a fact the design of the AE's are flawed. The fact that the OP is posting pictures at different angles already shows he knows there is distortion in light output.

I'm sure whoever buys a E92, E82, E70, E90 LCI know exactly that the light output is uneven when viewed at an angle. they know enough to shop for a brighter angel eye solution so they know distortion issue. Its just as noticeable in stock form as it is in HID form. nothing will cure that.

You do not have to go into all the LUX threads to make your point. The point is given when you buy the car and people have eyes, they can see the distortion when its stock.

Marc is not lying about distortion. In fact he was the one who posted diagrams of the E92 AE design schematics. what he is telling you to do is to step back 15 feet and look at it straight on. That is the best way to negate the distortion effect. He is not false advertising, he is merely pointing out the best way to enjoy your Angel Eyes.

He even posts pictures of the exact nature of the angel lights in his sale thread.

People aren't dumb. Whoever thinks there is absolutely no light distortion does not own a E92 and is blind. There has been thousands and thousands of pictures with AE's turned on in the photo section since 2007, so yeah, you are a little late in informing people about uneven light output. Heck look at my sig even, they know the inner ring will always be brighter than the outer ring and the forum has accepted that fact. They know the LUX is just a bulb you swap. The bulb only provides brighter and whiter light, not more evenly distributed light.

seriously get a friend to drive your car behind you and you will appreciate your LUX more. I did that with all four sets of my angels and the output is definitely very even. Its a different story.

If you really want to educate people on a design that dates back 4 years ago to 2007 when the E92's first came out. you should post a review on stock angel eyes and talk about the distortion there. Look at your old RD units, the distortion is even worse. Theres no need to tie LUX in every thread to make your point. I know you are trying to inform the community but you really are beating a dead horse. A horse thats been dead for 4 years.
      03-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

This is why I went for OSS. I've done GP thunders, LED PnPs...No other angel eye solution addresses that flaw in the BMW AE design. It was a radical choice, but one I don't regret for even a minute.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #10
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

Quote:
Yeah I know right?! We have to spread the knowledge..

BMW fail engineering for sure..

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #11
Ghost170
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: VIP Sport 335!

Garage List
Quote:
Agreed. E92 ae will not be perfect, unless you upgrade the rings, or get LCI headlights. I am happy with my LUX LEDs too!

AA AE GP HR LC M3 KW BMS BMW LUX CYBA STRI WORK HELIX MTECH LSWEEE(Wavetrac)!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

I've had my LUX H8's for just over a year now and still love looking at them!

Appreciate 0