E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Does the 10 years 335i hpfp warranty apply in Canada too?

07-29-2016, 10:15 AM   #23
SpeeDemoN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

^ agreed. It's a warranty on a known defective part, limiting to 1 time replacement wouldn't make much sense at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 07:59 PM   #24
blackturbo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Wow this is good news to me. Has anyone in vancouver gone in for their hpfp replacement free of charge, providing the document?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 02:34 AM   #25
LangJai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i RWD 6MT

Sorry for bumping an old thread up. Having issues with BMW Canada at the moment.

BMW Canada kept saying that they could not find such SIB (13 03 09) that says special emissions warranty for N54 cars for 10 years / 200,000 km. I e-mailed them with the SIB and now they're saying that it is not applicable for my VIN. I have a 2009 335i with N54.

Has anyone been in similar situations like mine? Thanks in advance!
      01-19-2017, 10:46 AM   #26
e93_cris
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: e93 2007 BMW 335i convertible

Apologize for also bringing up this old thread up but I think we can all come together since this warranty would come in very handy for future references with BMW's fault fuel pumps

Has anybody changed their HPFP under the warranty statement provided? I'd like to give BMW Canada a call and get it sorted out. I think it was changed once by the previous owner but it doesn't state *a one time fix* on the document.

What's everybody's take on this for you guys?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 03:41 AM   #27
LangJai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i RWD 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by e93_cris View Post
Apologize for also bringing up this old thread up but I think we can all come together since this warranty would come in very handy for future references with BMW's fault fuel pumps

Has anybody changed their HPFP under the warranty statement provided? I'd like to give BMW Canada a call and get it sorted out. I think it was changed once by the previous owner but it doesn't state *a one time fix* on the document.

What's everybody's take on this for you guys?
"it doesn't state *a one time fix* on the document."

That's exactly my point, and the fact that it says "Warranty" on the SIB augments this argument. However, when I was back and fourth communicating with BMW Canada, they basically classified this as a one-time recall. If they had replaced your HPFP once after the SIB was issued, they would not cover another one. Replacement pumps carry a 2 year warranty and my pump was replaced back in Dec 2010... they would not replace another hpfp for me under any sort of warranty.

I'm in if we can do something so that BMW Canada is responsible for this known defective part.
      11-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #28
Masher
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Tried to do this as well BMW canada not playing ball.. Anyone manage to get this recall accepted recently by BMW Canada? Showed them the document they are just saying that its not applicable for my VIN...

Last edited by Masher; 11-11-2017 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #29
magha
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 AW 6 spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masher View Post
Tried to do this as well BMW canada not playing ball.. Anyone manage to get this recall accepted recently by BMW Canada? Showed them the document they are just saying that its not applicable for my VIN...
Just got it done had the typical HPFP codes. 09 135 and didn't have extended warranty. Second time pump has had to be replaced.

Was told to replace low pressure fuel sensor as mine is 2 gens old.

18 M2 6 Spd AW - VRSF DP / CP & Race FMIC, ER TIC & GFB DV+ with BM3 Stage 2
Retired 09 135 JB4 G5 ISO w/BEF, N54 Tuning Performance DPs, BMS DCI, ER Charge Pipe
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 06:51 PM   #30
Masher
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magha View Post
Just got it done had the typical HPFP codes. 09 135 and didn't have extended warranty. Second time pump has had to be replaced.

How did you manage to get them to honour it? Was it with BMW Canada or the dealer
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 07:26 AM   #31
magha
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

How did you manage to get them to honour it? Was it with BMW Canada or the dealer
Ivo sent me over to the SA at pfaff and no pushback whatsoever. Car had an hpfp plausibility code so no issues at all. Had mods in but ofcourse jb4 was off and car flashed back to stock.

I tried the BMW route but was on hold for 20 luckily didn't have to call them back coz of Ivo telling me to hit up the dealership first:

Retired 09 135 JB4 G5 ISO w/BEF, N54 Tuning Performance DPs, BMS DCI, ER Charge Pipe
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #32
Masher
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ivo sent me over to the SA at pfaff and no pushback whatsoever. Car had an hpfp plausibility code so no issues at all. Had mods in but ofcourse jb4 was off and car flashed back to stock.

I tried the BMW route but was on hold for 20 luckily didn't have to call them back coz of Ivo telling me to hit up the dealership first:
!!! Thats great news. I've had that same plausibility code before but nothing actually serious or limp mode. I've had it maybe like 2 times a year.
Surprised they replaced the entire thing with just a shadow code, Ivo must have all the hookups!

When you originally contacted bmw canada did they give u the same runaround saying ur VIN wasn't eligbile for this recall?

If i get that shadow code again im going to bring it to Ivo too LOL free HPFP!?!? at least before the 10 year goes out...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 08:03 AM   #33
magha
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

!!! Thats great news. I've had that same plausibility code before but nothing actually serious or limp mode. I've had it maybe like 2 times a year.
Surprised they replaced the entire thing with just a shadow code, Ivo must have all the hookups!

When you originally contacted bmw canada did they give u the same runaround saying ur VIN wasn't eligbile for this recall?

If i get that shadow code again im going to bring it to Ivo too LOL free HPFP!?!? at least before the 10 year goes out...
I did try to call BMW but wait times were way too long.
She was stumbling and misfiring going up the revs a lot

Appreciate 0