E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Anyone had this issue with a Genuine ICOM B NEXT before?

09-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #1
Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT (F82)

Garage List
Angry Anyone had this issue with a Genuine ICOM B NEXT before?

I recently bought a Genuine ICOM B Next to flash my CIC iDrive on an E92 335i, the LED next to MOST keeps flashing red, and I can't connect to the iDrive or any other module on the MOST ring.

When I try my old clone ICOM B (which is faulty btw, WinKfp flash keeps failing halfway), it connects fine, and I can connect to all modules on the MOST ring.

I am from Australia, and I bought that ICOM B from Schmiedmann in Denmark, Schmiedmann wants me to pay for shipping back to the EU, and they want me to go to a local BMW dealer to get a test report to prove that it's faulty! Absolutely atrocious customer service I have to pay over $100 USD to get a refund from Schmiedmann for a faulty part, it's absolutely not my fault.

Pierre26, I read somewhere on here that you bought a new ICOM B from Schmiedmann, wondering if you've had any issues with it?

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues? And what tests can I do to confirm that it's a faulty ICOM B?

Or is there anyway I can attempt fixing it?

Some photos of the problem:

Last edited by Pete.J; 09-03-2018 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

icom next have problems with most and actia and bmw knew that but they didn't want to release firmware to fix that
actually you can try flash cic over ENET interfaces using icom next, may be it will work