E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Mech Tuning FMIC owners only. Please don't open unless you have/had one.

Closed Thread

06-24-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe TIAG

Mech Tuning FMIC owners only. Please don't open unless you have/had one.

I'm not too sure why my other thread was closed without given any reason. I'm genuinely trying to get some personal feedbacks from those who have tried or tested the MECH TUNING FMIC.

I'm well aware that there's a mech tuning seller on this board who was selling fake parts as authentic ones. And I'm not here to talk about it. My thread is SOLELY for the FMIC.

I've tried to search around the web for over an hour with no luck. All i've found regarding the fmic is that it has great fitment. I wanna to know more about the performance side of it.

thank you for your time and input.

@ MOD....please do not close my thread without a reason. ive tried to exhaust other resources before making this thread. I bought one before learning about the bad reputation of the company. Thus I'm trying to find out if it's still okay to keep and install this mech tuning fmic, or should I just return it somehow. Thank you.

Last edited by mythek; 06-24-2014 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #2
Indo Rider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

dude, wtf, if you have one then you can test the performance yourself

or do the world a favor and demand a refund
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #3
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe TIAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo Rider View Post
dude, wtf, if you have one then you can test the performance yourself

or do the world a favor and demand a refund
thanks for greatest and most helpful post of 2014. /sarcasm

I'm just lazy to go through all the return hassles and also the cost factor. I'm not going to boost my car like crazy so I'm ok with slightly-better-than stock performance.

Even though I appreciate everyone's concern and time, but please don't chime in unless you have personal experience with this fmic. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 03:33 AM   #4
mump
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335is/'01 986S/'13 F30

^ - I would like an answer on this too, only I don't consider myself lazy. I am retiring from the military and my car ships home in a couple days. I won't see it for about a month, in the meantime, I could have a new one shipped and waiting for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 07:41 AM   #5
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6mt

I don't get OP's attitude. Intercooler looks like a typical stepped fmic that retains the crappy stock connectors. Some people prefer that design since it's plug and play and no cutting, but of course if you compare it to a larger core that requires trimming or a core that shitcans the stock connectors you're going to have some additional gains.

Is this core as good as the already proven options? Nobody knows. Is it better than stock? Probably since stock is not very good at even stock heat in hot climates, even if it's cheap Chinese although it may not last forever. Stop being lazy, run a couple logs, install the damn thing and report back. If it doesn't perform try to send it back. But #1 stop this bitching and moaning and cowboy up, sorry you got scammed but don't take it out on us.

Last edited by V8bait; 06-25-2014 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread