E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Issues With ViE/ViEngineered/Jon Vigil

07-24-2018, 12:37 AM   #1
NASTY90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

Thumbs down Issues With ViE/ViEngineered/Jon Vigil

(LENGTHY!!)
I just wanted to share my review here of my experience with ViEngineered/Jon Vigil whom I decided to purchase my N54 Garrett single turbo kit from on March 15th. Mind you this is in no way about the actual quality of their kit as the welding is great & I see they do great fab work (which is partly why I chose their kit in the 1st place), but strictly about the poor customer service & missing turbo.

Prior to ordering my turbo kit I was told that they were currently caught up on production & that it would take around 6 weeks to complete, although I expected it to take a little longer. I called a few times with questions prior to finally placing my order and he always picked up, and was glad to help answer any of my questions.

After placing my order I wait around 6 weeks. In the 1st week of May I was told that my manifold was out getting ceramic coated & that they were just waiting on that......after that I was ignored for over 3 weeks about my order update until I threatened to just cancel my order & go DOC Race because of the longer then expected delay & lack of customer service I was hoping to avoid with this company. Shortly after on May 30th I was emailed by Jon Vigil (shop manager) that my kit was complete & that they were just waiting on fittings from AC Fab, but had been waiting since May 2nd, but that definitely they were just waiting on fittings then it’d be shipping.

I get an email from Jon on Friday, June 1st that my kit would be shipping out that day or on Monday, June 4th. I don’t hear from him until June 5th saying that it got shipped out earlier that day & i’d have my tracking in the morning.....I don’t hear from him until June 11th when he emailed saying it had shipped out earlier that day (1 week from the date he claimed he originally shipped it, go figure). I get my tracking email later that evening from UPS.

I received my package June 14th but when I opened it I saw that everything was included BUT MY TURBO, and also that my manifold is in raw finish & not ceramic coated whatsoever!!??? So of course I’m really heated at this point and I immediately emailed Jon back asking what the heck was going on with my kit.

I was utterly shocked that Jon had not one ounce of customer service to mention to me at the time of shipment that my package wasn’t going to include the turbo!

He replies the next day stating that the turbo was being drop shipped & he’d send me the tracking once he got it. And that his coaters were taking forever and he got tired of my emails & calls that he was ignoring for weeks so he just picked my kit up from the coating and shipped it as is. Wow! What a stand up guy I’m thinking!

Don’t hear from him until June 26th saying that they’re just now waiting on them to finish machining on the divided housings since ATP Turbo was making their own in house units because Garrett had apparently ran out.

I hear nothing until Mon. July 16th, so I called to check with ATP myself whom said they have all their Garrett divided housings in stock, lol. I then emailed Jon about that asking what the hold up was and that I was basically tired of all the bs run around up to this point. He emailed me back later that evening saying that they had got all their turbos in that past Thur. (July 12th) and that they had to get everything unpackaged & repackaged and I’d have tracking the next day (July 17th).

He emails me July 18th saying he shipped it 2-day shipping, I’d have it that Friday July 20th, and I’d have my tracking in the morning. He emails me a tracking number the following afternoon so I immediately check it on FedEx. It showed a package coming from California to Colorado (his shop) instead of to Tennessee (where it should of been going)!!! So I messaged him back letting him know that this isn’t a package coming to me & what the heck was going on with my turbo after having me wait forever and sending me a bunk tracking number with no explanation.

So as of today I still haven’t gotten a single response from Jon Vigil of ViEngineered about my turbo. I paid over $5,000 for this full turbo kit March 15th and have no turbo, no ceramic coating, no said refund for missing ceramic coating, and no idea if I’ll ever even get my turbo at this point, so to me personally I feel this is down right fraudulent. I just wanted to put this out there incase anyone else was considering buying a kit from this company. I’d go with DOC Race without a doubt!! Pay the extra money. I definitely do not recommend ViEngineered. Jon may do great weld work, he may have gotten a few other guys their complete turbo kits but this is currently my personal experience & I m not happy one bit.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2018, 01:33 AM   #2
1BADM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

that sucks i see he doesn't even care about his customers neither from what he wrote on facebook.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
NASTY90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADM3 View Post
that sucks i see he doesn't even care about his customers neither from what he wrote on facebook.
I finally got my turbo, but I wouldn’t recommend this company for anything. After he has your money his customer service completely sucks ass. Lies & excuses whenever you can actually get ahold of him. He doesn’t keep anything in stock so he’s actually using customers money to fill his orders hence the super long wait times & excuses about waiting on this and that from this vendor & that vendor. The quality of the kit is good but it doesn’t outweigh all the other negatives. If I could do it all over again I’d go with DOC Race for sure.

And yes, if you read his Facebook reviews they’re all good except for one customer who had a similar issue, super long wait time, incomplete kit, the design of the kit caused issues with the customers car, and they still haven’t gotten it resolved or got a response from them about missing parts. I think it’s totally different if you deal with them locally versus if you’re out of state where you can’t conveniently just show up at his shop to get issues resolved promptly.
Appreciate 0