E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > recommended products for beginner??

05-11-2015, 01:28 PM   #23
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEnder View Post
I just use Megs detailing spray and quick wax since I can pick it up locally. There are better products available from AutoGeek if you want to spend the money.
ok Yeah I'll do some more research on that. I'm sure most good brands arent really that different in quality anyway.
Thanks alot!
E90|330xi|SGM|Terra Cotta interior|Forged1 Wheels(one side red the other city lights)|M3 Rep Front Bumper|Msport Rear Bumper|KW V1 Coilovers|K&N Air Filter|OEM Black Grille|Red Cyba Air scoops|DIY Gloss Black Side Splitters|Tee rear splitters|Monkey Air Freshener|
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 01:24 AM   #24
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330xtrai View Post
Ok thanks
so ill get the carpro reflect as the finishing polish and what would be your one recommended cutting polish for now?
for soap Ultima Paint Guard Wash is good.

I meant to say CarPro Reset or Ultima paint guard wash. Reflect is the finishing polish.

Ill get 4 white and orange and I can get 4 more pads what should I get?

Black.

for the clay lube I was going to get garry dean's iudj but I think I'll go with nanoskin glide because I have 15% at autogeek that came in my email yesterday.
I wouldnt mind going into coating over wax/sealant if you could go more into detail with that. like ceramic coating like Beeds etc?

I have used Gtechnig, Opticoat, CQuartz, and CQUK on my personal vehicles as well as others that I do on the side. My personal favorite is CQUK. It is silica based and it will last up to 2 years if you maintain it correctly. The slickness and gloss of CQUK is what sold me. I am thinking of adding Cosmic from Polish Angel to the mix in the near future.

I need another wash mitt something on amazon or autogeek because i have a gift card from a book trade in from amazon. that wash mitt is sold by neither.
Oh and do I need pad cleaner or how would you recommend cleaning pads?

I would not recommend a pad washer unless you are doing a lot of cars. There are pad cleaners that you can buy from Autogeek. Just make a solution of it in a bucket and let the dirty pads soak overnight. Rinse them out with clean water on the next day. That's why you should have at least 4 to 5 of each so you could rotate them while you are working.

Thanks again!!
Word of advice...Dont buy too much in the beginning or you will be stuck with products that you will never able to finish or like.

For example: I have over 5 different soap in gallon size ( CG citrus wash, Honeydew, Ironx snow soap, Reset, Ultima Paint Guard, etc). Only 2 I used on a regular basis. With the recent water shortage in California, I switch to a hybrid rinseless/waterless wash system using Ultima waterless wash and I still have half a gallon of ONR sitting in the garage collecting dust.
      05-12-2015, 01:57 AM   #25
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
Word of advice...Dont buy too much in the beginning or you will be stuck with products that you will never able to finish or like.

For example: I have over 5 different soap in gallon size ( CG citrus wash, Honeydew, Ironx snow soap, Reset, Ultima Paint Guard, etc). Only 2 I used on a regular basis. With the recent water shortage in California, I switch to a hybrid rinseless/waterless wash system using Ultima waterless wash and I still have half a gallon of ONR sitting in the garage collecting dust.
ok perfect Thanks a lot!! I'll probably get the coating at the end of the summer I'm already spending way too much lmao. I'm going with the smallest sizes I can go for like 16 or 32 oz no way ill get a gallon now lol.
E90|330xi|SGM|Terra Cotta interior|Forged1 Wheels(one side red the other city lights)|M3 Rep Front Bumper|Msport Rear Bumper|KW V1 Coilovers|K&N Air Filter|OEM Black Grille|Red Cyba Air scoops|DIY Gloss Black Side Splitters|Tee rear splitters|Monkey Air Freshener|
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #26
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330xtrai View Post
ok perfect Thanks a lot!! I'll probably get the coating at the end of the summer I'm already spending way too much lmao. I'm going with the smallest sizes I can go for like 16 or 32 oz no way ill get a gallon now lol.
psnt1ol speaks the truth, very wise in all the info he has given you. dont buy too much product and in large quantities just because its cheaper. just buy it in gallons when you know its the product for you.

and like psnt1ol, i too have switched over to the rinseless and waterless methods of washing my vehicle since ive sealed it.

you can use ultima or use something like garry dean infinite use detail juice. im sure you saw my other post. just talking from experience, def. not getting paid or anything.
      05-14-2015, 10:36 PM   #27
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
psnt1ol speaks the truth, very wise in all the info he has given you. dont buy too much product and in large quantities just because its cheaper. just buy it in gallons when you know its the product for you.

and like psnt1ol, i too have switched over to the rinseless and waterless methods of washing my vehicle since ive sealed it.

you can use ultima or use something like garry dean infinite use detail juice. im sure you saw my other post. just talking from experience, def. not getting paid or anything.
Yeah definitely. Thanks for the help. I tried ordering as small as I could. I'll be posting a detail diary of what I bought etc. We have a lot of water here in NJ so I dont really need to use rinseless stuff unless you would recommend using it instead of washes or in between washes. If so you have any good videos on it?
Appreciate 0