E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > bmcables / bmwcables / cable-shack - cable/software packages

11-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #67
a11y
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: VW T5 Campervan...

Garage List
Those with cable-shack software: did you manage to get DIS working?

I've successfully got INPA working on my Aug-07 build e90 (white package) but continually getting an error message when trying to use DIS, despite following the installation instructions (dis error 200.159). I've found a lot of discussion online that might help me but yet to have time to sit and try it out. If anyone can identify a quick solution though I'd be happy!
      11-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #68
Nedal0
Rep
Drives: E93

K + DCAN Cable finally received from Afterpartz.com, cable arrived in 5days after ordering which was quite fast.

The Cable does not come with any bundled software apart from the Cable drivers.

I have been using it with no issues at all and I can confirm their Cables work just fine. Just what I needed.

INPA and NCS Expert I installed myself. My advice is Don't rush into coding. Take your time and read as much as you can until you clearly understand the way it works.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #69
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by a11y View Post
Those with cable-shack software: did you manage to get DIS working?

I've successfully got INPA working on my Aug-07 build e90 (white package) but continually getting an error message when trying to use DIS, despite following the installation instructions (dis error 200.159). I've found a lot of discussion online that might help me but yet to have time to sit and try it out. If anyone can identify a quick solution though I'd be happy!
I got the cable-shack cable and software and I was surprised it wasn't the latest Ediabas 7.3
I got BMTechnics on my other computer but they have been forced to shutdown.
I ended up putting bmtechnics Ediabas 7.3 in C drive as well set it at com1 and presto all works I just send the early Ediabas 6.4.7 ifhsrv.32.exe to the desktop and you have the latest software and DIS working fine.
I did get error 200.159 at first but I can't remember how I fixed it, try sending ifhsrv.32.exe to the desktop first and double click on it before stating DIS.
      11-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #70
a11y
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: VW T5 Campervan...

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
I did get error 200.159 at first but I can't remember how I fixed it, try sending ifhsrv.32.exe to the desktop first and double click on it before stating DIS.
Thanks for your advice. I've tried that but still no joy. I've not had time to contact the seller - I'm hoping they can help.
      11-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #71
GP87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current:F82 M4 Previous:F83 M4

I purchased a cable from cable shack yesterday, so this is reassuring to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saquibmiah View Post
thats excatly what i did i ended up geeting a cable from cable-shack on ebay k+dcan works great and the seller jimmy alway try toi help giving remote access help i highly recommond this person you can,t go wrong with this cable does both k line and d can i,v coded 09 m3 e93 08 320d e93 06 320d e90 no problem.
STAY AWAY FROM BMCABLE TOTAL RUBBISH COMPLETE NIGHTMARE AND NO HELP FROM SELLER
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #72
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by a11y View Post
Thanks for your advice. I've tried that but still no joy. I've not had time to contact the seller - I'm hoping they can help.
Make sure firewall and internet and anti-virus is turned off
Check the IP address of VM player is 198.68.1 and ignition is turned on for DIS
Check coms port make sure you have only your cable to port com1
See how that goes
On the disc there are instructions as well.
      11-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #73
Trix
Registered
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

If you have a lead this is Cable Shack software to install and works fine :

http://www.cable-shack.co.uk/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jry33rq786uakvv/BMWTools.msi/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmq1ab8i87...pdate%20v2.rar

If you need the password for the rar file pm me.

hope this helps anyone getting coding again,i have the bmcables working fine on xp and Cable Shack on a vista laptop,make sure com port is set to com1

Last edited by Trix; 11-20-2013 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #74
cranelec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
How to Uninstall BMCables software

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncr1 View Post
I took delivery of bmcables DVD and cable set at the weekend. Took around 6 hours to install, and can't get comms with any ECU on the vehicle.
Currently trying to figure out how to uninstall the programs, and get in touch with them to arrange a refund as per their cooling off period stated on the website.....
This is my first forum post trying to help others. The following is a cut & past from BM Cables. They responded to my question within 72 hours. The software took 35 minutes to load. (Win7 Pro Dell Inspiron Quad core i7, 8Gb RAM).

How to reinstall the software
When you open the installer on the top left you will see a small bmwcable icon. Right click on this and then select reset. This will allow you to reinstall the software.
Kind Regards
How to delete software
To uninstall you simply delete the folders on the root of your c:\ as the software does not make any windows registry changes so you can simply delete the relevant folder.
On 20 Apr 2014 at 20:59, cranelec wrote:

>
> I screwed up uninstalling software. Disk 1 will not reinstallany suggestions?
> Thank You in advance!

End of Cut & Paste!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #75
jeff2priorier
Rep
Drives: 328XI

Anyone know if Bcables and BMcables is the same company ?
From reading forums all over the net, guess they scammed so many people they may have had to change their name. I had a BMTechnic computer but Hard Drive crashed. Tried to re-install BMTechic but part of install is accessing their server to validate the activation code, since they are out of business, it will never happen. Such a shame ! Anyone know of a way around this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonreality View Post
UPDATE Aug 22/13

For a 2013 summer project I am doing a evaluation of BMW diagnostics/coding packages. I am testing out solutions with a K+D Can cable only with software from the Internet/Torrents, BMCables (1-click) www.bmcables.com , BM Technics (1-click) http://bmtechnic.co.uk/ .

So far here is what I can summarize for readers so far:

-------------------------Cable----------------------------------------------
Ranking------------------Install-----INPA------NCS------DIS-----TIS------SSS

#1 BM Technics-----Works-----Works----Works-----Works---Works----Works
#2 K+D Can--------Works----Manual----Manual----Manual--Works----TBD
#3 BMCables---------Works----Problems--Problems--No------Works----No

Test boxes used:

Thinkpad T61 Win 7 Ultimate 32bit, XP SP3
Acer Netbook Win 7 Ultimate 32bit, XP SP2

FW disabled, no AV was loaded, I set each box up with required OS and patches and then saved the image to quickly restore the images to do repeated tests.

K+D Can Cable solution Notes:
Bought the cable for approx 100.00 US dollars (Delivery time was about 1 week). Came with drivers on a DVD, no other software. Cable was a few inches longer than the BMCables (which is pretty short) and the wire is thicker. Easy to find INPA, NCS, DIS, SSS etc and install guides via torrents and internet (though confusing at times). This is to be expected but you do learn a lot. Anyways, the most popular apps INPA, EDIABAS, NCS work fine after a bit of tweaking. This method worked on both the Thinkpad and Acer for both Win 7 and XP. For DIS I ended up scrapping the Fister diag head approach(didn’t seem to work for me) and just ended up using the BMW Diagnostic 1.2 program to get DIS to work properly. Also I found that after everything I wanted was working, I backed up the image (to be safe) and then I installed vast AV and turned it on and every thing still worked.

Support: None, just what you read from the internet/Forums.

Suggestions: Read the forums. Get your hands on the M3 Cutters install guide and the BMW DIS V57, SSS Progman V32 and TIS V8 install guide by David Holdings. I found those 3 components invaluable as I muddled my way through this exercise.

Verdict: Not for the weary, but if all your looking for is INPA, NCS Expert then this will do.

BM Cables Solution Notes:
Bought cable and apps (2 CDs) for about 60.00 US Dollars including shipping. Cable is blue, rather short and cheap looking. The physical install went fine. I had to manually tweak the cable parameters. But it was definitely one click for each module to install. But after the physical install of the apps it was quite a nightmare from that point onwards. I plugged the USB cable into the computer (but not the car yet) and as soon as I ran INPA, I get 2 black dots. This sent up cautionary flags on this product right away. I then plug the cable head to a e90 and try to run a simple status on the engine. I get initialization errors right away. It was quite disappointing to see all the different models in INPA (including X3/X5s) and then see the API error messages pop up one after another. It pretty much went downhill from there. Took a lot of tweaking before I could get INPA working. I spent a lot of time re-imaging and retesting this product. Although DIS and SSS installed, they didn’t work. TIS worked fine though (manual). A few other things of note that make this a less than desirable solution is the fact they put passwords on some of the install files so you can’t even try to manually install. Same issues for both Win 7 and XP versions on both boxes.

BTW, during testing of the K+D Cable solution, I tried using the BMCables cable (uninstall and delete K+D Cable drivers provided and then reinstall BMCable drivers). It doesn’t work (no surprise there).

On a positive note, I did get the cable 3 days after I ordered it, that was probably the best experience of this solution.

Support: limited. Tips where pretty much useless IE. Here is a link to Bimmerforums, check your com port etc..,

Suggestions: Vendor should provide a Troubleshooting guide for their product. I kept wondering why it creates 2 EDIABAS copies. They should also point to any file links where their customers could download debugged software.

Verdict: This solution is eye candy at best. Not for the weary, 1-click installs work but that’s about it. Oh, the TIS piece works but won’t interface with the car through the DIS program (which by the way, DIS V57 doesn’t work either). I can’t wait to test the BMTechnics solution next.

BM Technic Solution Notes :
UPDATE Aug/22/13

Bought cable and apps (on 8 meg brand name USB key) for about 120.00 US Dollars including shipping. I received it within 5 business days. Excellent so far. First thing I noticed was the quality of the cable. It was about 12 inches longer than the BM Cables cable and had thicker wire shielding. May not mean much to the average user but that meant it would be more durable and it made it easier to work outside the vehicle and not have to worry about using a USB extension cable.

I plugged in the USB key and installed each module. The install was flawless, I mean compared to the other 2 solutions, this was amazing. On a T61 running Windows 7 32bit there were no problems whatsoever.

INPA, NCS Expert ran perfectly. I tested on a e90 and e46 and both worked without after install tweaks and no errors unlike the BM Cables solution.

GT1 DIS worked perfectly as well. You don’t get the nice connection bar status like the K+D Can Cable solution but that is because the application developer used Fister versus the DiagHead emulator. It worked on a e90 and e46 perfectly.

SSS Progman worked perfectly as well. NCS is a better tool due to the fact it has the best functionality but SSS Program has a easier interface and it’s in English. I thought there was a install problem so I zapped the test box and reinstalled. You just need to remember to power down Progman versus suspend when you using it on different models.

Support: Exceptional. Very helpful, very knowledgeable and they asks the right questions to help troubleshoot problems quickly.

Suggestions: Okay, only minor negative thing about this solution is your only allowed to load 2 copies. I actually thought I had a problem with Progman so reloaded 3 times. On the third time I was not able to register the software so had to email the vendor. They were really good about extending the number of license so I could reload. They also gave me help to resolve the issue and get Progman working properly.

This brings up future concerns. If for any reason you have to reload the applications due to Hard drive upgrade or you re-image you computer or you catch a virus that trashes your box, you will use both your licenses pretty quick. So the suggestion for the vendor is increase the number of installs tries. Besides, you have to use their BM Techic cable. This would make customers happier and reduce the emails back and forth explaining what happened to using up the 2 licenses due to whatever reason.

BTW, I was only able to load it on a Thinkpad T61 Win 7 Ultimate 32bit, XP SP3 because I ran out of licenses. But this exercise convinced me this is a great solution.

Verdict: This is the real deal, this is the package you want ! This is nothing out there that compares to this solution as well as the support (at the moment) provided. This ranks #1 basically.

Hope people found this useful.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #76
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

Bump.

Curious what people are using these days since BMtechnik is not more. Wishing for a mostly one click install.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 05:10 AM   #77
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
I know people aren't fond of BMCables according to this thread but I bought the cable + software (2 CDs) off eBay for about 40 quid and worked fine first time for me!

Came with a A4 page of instructions, I only wanted INPA and NCSExpert so I just had to install CD1 and it was literally clicking the install button next to the modules I wanted (drivers and INPA/NCSExpert).

I then had to download an update package as explained in the instructions provided and that was it! Everything worked out the box.

I first tried it on my really old and slow Windows 7 laptop before trying it on my MacBook under VirtualBox as a VM and it works in both cases, I just use my MacBook now because it's more convenient.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0